How to replace oxygen sensor i-30 2000 infiniti

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
rhinderman

I have a Infiniti 1-30, how do you replace oxygen sensor in bank one. I get the error code P0131, to lean bank one. where is it located on the car, is it behind the cat. or before? I see different types of sensors> Please advise. Thanks rh

mmike87
Car: 2000 Infiniti I30

See:

http://maxima.theowensfamily.c...a.pdf

This TSB is specific to the rear O2 sensors, but has convenient diagrams showing the locations of all the O2 sensors in the Maxima. The I30 should follow the pattern of the "California" Maxima with the 4 sensors.

I just used this TSB as a guide to replace my two rear sensors, and the diagram is dead on.

I believe that P0131 is "O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)" which would be the "black wire" sensor. The TSB also shows where in the engine bay the sensor connects to the wiring harness.

I used Walker replacement sensors, the "original equipment" type. They were about $90 each or so. After about 110 miles everything still seems good to go.

There is also a stick on this forum about replacing O2 sensors. You'll need a 22mm combo wrench and perhaps a 22mm O2 sensor socket. Advance Auto will loan you the socket for free (at least here they do.) I could not use the socket on one of my sensors, had to use the wrench.

Good luck and I hope this is helpful.

Kix
Car: '01 Infiniti I30

How very cool.

Very informative, Exactly what I needed to know, thank you.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”