How to replace a wheel bearing hub assembly on 07 + G35's

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
gwoods
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x
1999 Nissan Altima SE limited 5spd
1992 Miata (soon to be turbo)
1965 Cj-5 with 327 v8
2012 Toyota Sequoia Limited

The noise of a failing wheel bearing sounds like a brake caliper is sticking and leaving your brake on one wheel. I described it as a friction noise but I have heard it described as a whirling noise?

You will need a

jackjack stand17mm socket14 mm socketsocket wrench22mm wrench14 mm wrench17mm wrench Hammer

#1Say a prayerJack up the front of the car Remove tire and brake rotor pads caliper and caliper mounting plate

#2Turn wheels left for drivers side right for passenger side.remove 14mm bolt on lower mount for strut

#3Remove 4 17mm bolts from back of wheel bearing hub assembly. You will need to turn the wheel the opposite direction to get them all

#4Gently work the old hub/bearing assembly out of the spindleThere is a magnetic ABS sensor inside the hub/bearing assmbly that feed through the spindle. Be careful to not break this part!

This is the old hub assembly you can see all the metallic dust coming out of the hub where the wheel bearing is failing

Old Vs New

#5Gently work the new hub/bearing assembly into the spindle being careful not to break the ABS sensor

#6 Replce the four 17 mm bolts that hold the assembly on the spindle they are cheap and grade 9 fine thread these bolts should not be reused. I bought them from the dealership for about $4

#7 Replace brake rotor, caliper mounting plate, caliper ect

#8 put back on the tire take the car off the jack

pits200

Great writeup. I just did this to my wife's 2004 G. Unfortunately, she has the X after her numbers which made it more difficult.

The 4 bolts are much harder to get out since the axle is feeding through the hub assembly. I had to tear a lot more parts off and it was rusted to hell, I had to use a 20lb sledge to smack it out of there.

Your car looks very clean but why did you have to do this work yourself?? Shouldn't it have been covered by your warranty?

gwoods
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x
1999 Nissan Altima SE limited 5spd
1992 Miata (soon to be turbo)
1965 Cj-5 with 327 v8
2012 Toyota Sequoia Limited

Thank buddy,

I'm in Phoenix so rust is very slow to work on a car.

I''m at 73k miles already so I'm on my own.

The part was $169 from my dealership

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Nice writeup!! I'll move it to the modifications forum in a few days.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”