How to remove the center console.. 2004 le...

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Freyspath
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE

This weekends project is going to be fixing my cupholder, blue leds in the shifter, and repaint of the stock silver on the shifter plate.

How do you remove the center console though to gain access to this?

thanks!

Pwnin O'Brien

Empty V wrote:It's not as hard as it looks. The console just pops out and the only part that is removed is the stuff covered in wood grain, the shifter and brushed aluminum stuff stays in place along with the covered dual cup holder.

Get a 168/194 lamp but make sure it doesn't exceed the 194 size, anything bigger will not fit. The same goes for the High Mount Stop Light/3rd Brake Light. This one worked for me WLED-xHP5

Open the oversized cup holder and just lift up. After it's dislodged rotate it 90* so the shift knob fits through it. The lamp is located in the rear driver's side of the shifter console and is at a weird angle. It took me a little while to find and takes some force to twist it out. Remember LED's are polarized and and if it doesn't light up twist it 180*.

Billy

t_b0ne3
Car: 2002 Infinti QX4 4wd My first Nissan was a 1985 720 4wd P/U. My other ride is a 2005 FXDWGI

Just an update on this and the other thread,with the console out already all you have to do is grasp the rear of the shift panel. (the brushed aluminium) and wiggle up and down gently and it will dislodge alowing you to lift and move forward and down to have full access to the bulb at the rear drivers side of the panel. When you replace the shifter panel,make sure to put the front end down in first there are two tangs that must be placed in first then just press down on the middle rear until it seats in and doesn't move.
Modified by t_b0ne3 at 8:17 PM 1/14/2010

K03sport
Car: 04 Pathfinder. My first Nissan was a '72 Datsun 510 Wagon.

FYI -

194 = 3w and is usually used in the interior

168 = 5w and is usually used on the exterior

Both are the same size and shape

There are companies that make 168/194 LEDs bulbs with built in resistors so fitting them should not be a problem,

funnyman82
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

how did your project work out? any pics?

Freyspath

Unfortunately with all the rain we have here going on right now, and the many things I needed to get done, I only had time to install the HID's and get it washed/waxed. This project will happen next weekend! Ill keep u updated!

James

funnyman82
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

what hid's did you install? headlights or fogs? i am looking into fogs myself..

Freyspath

Well I did an HID setup on a super college budget.

For my headlights I got 6000k (crystal white) HIDs with a halogen highbeam. I got the kit from carhidkits.com for $79.99, they were having a sale. I love the HID kit, the highbeam is a joke, but since I really never use the high beam, its no biggie for me.. Maybe one day ill upgrade to the Bi-Xenon kit which is like $250.

For my fogs, I wanted an HID look without the HID price tag. So what I did was go on eBay and I bought these $16 bulbs that were "xenon" and gave off a 6000k color output. I know there arent "xenon" cuz they dont have a ballast, they just plug in like the standard halogens.

Overall the car looks very good! Unfortunately I had a problem with one of my H4 HID bulbs, but the company, carhidkits, is sending me a new bulb, free of charge priority mail. So I am running a stock halogen in the right side til next weekend.

Ill post a pic soon

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”