How to remove door trim on 1999 qx4

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

All steps are in FSM but i took pics while i removed my front door trim to add some foam padding for rattle reduction. What a difference, especially at the top of the trim where the bare metal is and between the speaker and the plastic bracket its in i loaded this special hard foam padding stuff I have laying around and it did wonders to a rattle problem I was having with my speakers. plan on doing rear doors and hatch soon

the switches simply pop offtake the screw cover and screw out and really give this piece a tugremove all 3 screws behind the armrest/window switching panelsbroke the clip off this but still popped back in no problemThis is where most of the rattle was coming from, i foamed alot of places and it killed all the rattling, now i get much better sound. The main panel just pops off, start from the bottom

i looked into my tweeters and they actually sound great so i wont do the cap mod. It depends on what songs you listen to that affects their performance, like subwoofers

drivers side

Empty V
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4, 1982 Corvette C3 Shark

Nice How To: brutha, this is exactly the same for the '01's, thanks for another contribution to the community.

Billy

naladude911
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Someone sticky this as well lol

funnyman82
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

I tried removing my door panel last year to change the belt moulding and it wasnt that easy on my 2002 QX4. I got all the steps done as shown but there are some metal hooks at the top that I needed some special tool to unhook and I had to be careful not to scratch or break the window. So I just put everything back together and went to my nearest body shop and the guy installed the moulding for free for me and he didnt even remove the door panel!

Has anyone with a 02 removed the door panel?

Pwnin O'Brien

funnyman82 wrote:I tried removing my door panel last year to change the belt moulding and it wasnt that easy on my 2002 QX4. I got all the steps done as shown but there are some metal hooks at the top that I needed some special tool to unhook and I had to be careful not to scratch or break the window. So I just put everything back together and went to my nearest body shop and the guy installed the moulding for free for me and he didnt even remove the door panel!

Has anyone with a 02 removed the door panel?
It should be the same process as posted above. The key is to lift the entire door panel straight up once you pop out all of the panel clips around the door panel perimeter. The door panel hangs on the metal door shell.

GRNMACHINE
Car: 1999.5 Pathfinder SE 4x4

Just found this, x2 on the thanks for posting!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”