How to find the I.D. number to activate the XM radio?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Rick Tra
Car: 2007 M35X

Hello, I just bought a 2007 M35X and wanted to transfer the xm from the old car to the new one,I called xm and they told me to tune to channel 0 to get the number but my xm will not move from channel 1(preview channel).They tried using my VIN. number but that didn't work,so what's my next move? Thanks for the help.

robpctech1
Car: 06 M35 Base
06 M45 Sport Tech Package
R2C M45 Intake
Full Megan Cat Back Exhaust
M56S Chrome Rims

Funny I had to do the same thing today on My 2006 M45. But yes the ID is on XM Channel 0. When you tune to XM Radio by default it goes to Preview Channel 1, but I don't remember if its just turning the knob on the right to tune to a different channel or if I used the Seek button to get it to display channel 0. If all fails take it to your Infiniti Dealership.

robpctech1
Car: 06 M35 Base
06 M45 Sport Tech Package
R2C M45 Intake
Full Megan Cat Back Exhaust
M56S Chrome Rims

I know on some M models you can go to the Diagnostic Screen and some have the SAT option. Not sure if it will tell you the ID there. (Mine doesn't have the SAT diagnostic option) FYI to get to the Diagnostic screen, Turn the car on (turn the radio off if its on) push and hold the settings button and Turn the Radio Volume button clockwise (or Counter clockwise) about 40 clicks. WARNING I wouldn't mess or change things there unless you know what you are doing.

But as a side note in the Diagnostics Option is where you can change the Bluetooth ID and Passcode if needed. I've Had Multiple Ms and other cars with the same Bluetooth id which is why I changed mine.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”