How To: Extra alarm lights

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

I added some extra alarm lights a while back just never posted it.

this was simple more LED's and Resistors.

I have an aftermarket alarm system so to make this happen I used the supply power for the interior blinking light off of the alarm and ran them to my corner lights. I thought this would be good for the simple fact that I wont have a light inside flashing and showing all my s***, but on the outside simply showing i have an alarm.

If you dont have an aftermarket alarm you can extend the wire from that security light by the steering wheel

Made a hole at the top of the corner light housing and inserted metal 5mm LED bezel

Led

Led with added resistor inserted in bezel

No Flash

Flash

This light only flashes when alarm is armed

naladude911
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

so does this mean you corner lights blink when the car is off? How bright is it

Densetsu
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Chinook
Prev: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Chilkoot

How legal is it to have a blue light in your turn signal housing? I mean, the LED is probably pretty dim, and in theory shouldn't go on when you're driving (unless you arm your alarm, of course). Might want to check with local state/provincial laws, though.

Also, this probably wouldn't work well on the stock alarm system, since the light seems to flash every 30 seconds when I'm driving. Unless there's a way to disable that that I'm not aware of.

Though in general, it's a cool idea. I never liked how most lights seemed to light up the entire cabin. Only a well-placed light behind the rear-view mirror seemed to not have this effect.

Pwnin O'Brien

Densetsu wrote:Also, this probably wouldn't work well on the stock alarm system, since the light seems to flash every 30 seconds when I'm driving. Unless there's a way to disable that that I'm not aware of.
The alarm light definitely shouldn't flash if you have the car on. That light is supposed to turn completely off with the ignition at the ON position.

slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

the light only blinks when the alarm is armed which means my car is off when there on.

I am using it on an aftermarket system and I doubt there is any law against a light that is only on when the car is off.

The brightness depends on the light your using and at night in my housing its pretty bright even though its tinted

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”