How much will it cost to fix the ( Paint)

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
quixote
Car: G35

Today, I parked my car outside of MIT. When I came back, my front bumper looked like this. There is no dent on it. I don't know what was the cause, I definitely know that was not what it looked like before I left.

I took those pictures in our garage

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Oh wow...sorry to see that.

Sucks bigtime!!

Well I'm a canucky so I can tell you that here it would probably cost about $400 at a private shop. You can bet that if you went to Infiniti would charge MUCH more.

quixote

G_whizz wrote:Oh wow...sorry to see that.

Sucks bigtime!!

Well I'm a canucky so I can tell you that here it would probably cost about $400 at a private shop. You can bet that if you went to Infiniti would charge MUCH more.
Anyone knows a reputable auto body shop in boston area?

loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

Try to remove as much of the scratch as you can with a 3M Rubbing Compound (available from Autozone and the likes). Looks like the black spots go all the way to the core of the bumper cover. If there is no dent and if the remaining scratches are small, you can try touch up paint from - http://www.drcolorchip.com/

Otherwise, it would be @ $200.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Do they have cameras? Maybe you can find out who did it.

I think you have to visit a good bodyshop to fix this. DIY won't do any good since paint is missing.

Hope your G gets better soon.

BTW you sir need to clean your wheels!!! Way too much brake dust.

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

quixote wrote: How much will it cost to fix the ( Paint)
Sorry to see!! I would say you would get estimates between $500 to $700 assuming nothing has to be done to the fender.

quixote

zozoka1212 wrote:Do they have cameras? Maybe you can find out who did it.

I think you have to visit a good bodyshop to fix this. DIY won't do any good since paint is missing.

Hope your G gets better soon.

BTW you sir need to clean your wheels!!! Way too much brake dust.
I just sent my car to the auto body shop, $450 will be the cost.And after they fix it, I will take my car to a detail cleaning. I feel kind of bad every time I came here and I am the only one who did not take care G.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”