how much should i be willing to pay for manual tranny?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
CurlyStooge

I've got a 97 auto (sigh) and would like to swap it. What should I be willing to pay for a good manual tranny with decent clutch in it?

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Look on the 240sx.org Classifieds.

Rick

CurlyStooge

95_240sx wrote:Look on the 240sx.org Classifieds.

Rick

I have been, I need to know what to pay though. I didn't ask where to find one, I asked what I should be willing to pay for one.

BinaryVertigo

although i wont be much help but

you should just sell your car and get a 5 spd

a manual swap doesn't just involve gettin a tranny but also all the little things related to it i.e. rig the back up lights, rig the parking/neutral sensor (have no idea what that's called), get a 5spd center console...then it comes to the clutch assy, master cyl, slave cyl, gettin all the right lines, nuts, bolts, etc...

dont get me wrong but i think you're just better off saving yourself some money/headache in selling your car and buy a 5spd... but hey...that's only my opinion

-demitri

FatMans240

Depends on how much $$ you're willing to spend. I just sold one with 150k+miles on it for $50...

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Someone on Fresh Alloy was selling the changeover...with all the parts you'd need, check out the classifieds in the forums.

CurlyStooge

APEXi240 wrote:Someone on Fresh Alloy was selling the changeover...with all the parts you'd need, check out the classifieds in the forums.
thanks!

mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

i go through transmissions about as quickly as most people go through oil changes. I REGULARLY pay 150 for S13 transmissions and 200 for S14 transmissions. If i pull them myself they are always 34.95.

i have six, yes SIX transmissions. unfortuantgly i lent a couple out....1. currently in my car.2. at my friend kris (BumpinPSI)'s shop.3. relaxing in my garage4. relaxing in my garage5. i lent to martin but havent taken custody of it again yet (S14)6. is in the back of a firneds car for storage. need to get it back!

i found 7 8 and 9 at the junkyard today, but i don't really have the 120 dollars or the energy to pull them just yet...

i need to get more axles and diffs and driveshfats first.

CurlyStooge

mattback wrote:i go through transmissions about as quickly as most people go through oil changes. I REGULARLY pay 150 for S13 transmissions and 200 for S14 transmissions. If i pull them myself they are always 34.95.

i have six, yes SIX transmissions. unfortuantgly i lent a couple out....1. currently in my car.2. at my friend kris (BumpinPSI)'s shop.3. relaxing in my garage4. relaxing in my garage5. i lent to martin but havent taken custody of it again yet (S14)6. is in the back of a firneds car for storage. need to get it back!

i found 7 8 and 9 at the junkyard today, but i don't really have the 120 dollars or the energy to pull them just yet...

i need to get more axles and diffs and driveshfats first.

well how much would you want for an S14 tranny? Can I use an S13 tranny or no? Let me know.

mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

i would pay up to 200 for an s14 tranny. it woudl hvae to be in MINT however. for that price...

yea u can use s13

CurlyStooge

mattback wrote:i would pay up to 200 for an s14 tranny. it woudl hvae to be in MINT however. for that price...

yea u can use s13

I've seen them go for 4 times that in the classifieds, it seemed kind of expensive for just a tranny. Thanks for the info. Would you be willing to sell one of your S14 trannys? I'd prefer an S14 one, but if you only have S13s that are possibly up for grabs, then I will settle for one of those.

SRJesse
Car: Cars, hockey (roller and ice)

This might be an old post but I searched to see if the S14 and S13 trannys were the same? I have and SR and my tranny just went, either a bearing of a gear. My friend has a 95 S14 motor/tranny so I am hoping he will sell me the tranny. The SR/KA Tranny's are the same, you just have to switch the bell housing, I just wasn't sure if the S13/S14 tranny's were the same. But according to the guy with 6 tranny's he said they were, just wanted to confirm this. Thanks alot if anyone responds.

encasemyheart

LOL, man this is classic, complaining that $200 is too much for a tranny. My tranny is starting to go and I was thinking a little under $1000 for a full rebuild, instead I'll just pick up another for $34.95. LOL, this is great.

I'll probably throw in a new clutch and lightened flywheel and still be WAY under $1000. Thanks for the tips guys.

nismofan14

www.car-part.com

These guys usually have good prices. Almost all salvage yards are listed in here so try it out.

kasulstyls

just so that i understand, i am able to use an s14 tranny for my 92 240 aslong as i keep the s13 bellhousing? There is no difference in length or width or anything and it will connect to the drive shaft like normal?

thanks in advance

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”