How much power can a stock ka24de engine make safely?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
quadracer_87
Car: 1992 240sx

I am looking at buying a 240sx that has the ka24de engine. Right now it has a full exhaust and short ram air intake. I would like to know what else i can add to the motor safely with out replacing any of the internals of the low end. Thanks in advance for your help.

Nastjuid
Car: S13 KA24DE

Semantics aside..

You could look into an safc, wideband O2, walbro fuel pump, adjustable fpr and a MAFS to match. Don't expect to pull huge numbers without doing some labor, though. even with that tuning, you could go as far as SCV butterfly removal (if s13 KA) and porting/polishing.

It really does depend on how far you want to go. If you're looking for bolt-ons here and there, Dig through nicoclub forums, search around for N/A builds, and the web in general. There are tons of KA24DE enthousiasts out there.

Some people have had success with forced induction, but I don't know much on that.

Dig Dig Dig Dig.

You can do anything you want with just the nicoclub forums at your fingertips, you just gotta dig.

On a side note, 200hp seems to be a common upper bound on NA builds.

480sx
Car: 1996 Pearl White 240sx

Look at the thread below this that says N/A build. Or, go to the Ka-T section and read the stickies.

350 is the limit for the stock block, anything past that and your pushing your luck(although people have done it[many have failed lol]). Your engine will fail long before that if you dont have a good tune however.

delsol8017

bigger intake manifold and throttle body

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”