How hard is it to replace a bank 2 sensor 1 O2 Sensor?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Casutherland42
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder

My Bank 2 Sensor 1 is throwing codes, and I have already ordered the part. I would personally like to install it myself, but I do not have many tools. I do not know what tool(s) I will need to do the job, or really where it is even located. I know that it is under the hood on the driver's side, but that is really it. I think I found it possibly earlier today, but wanted to double check with you guys. Has anyone written an installation guide, or can someone lead me to a good youtube video possibly? I am only 22, so any money saved is a good thing. Also, need to get brakes on soon, but dont have a jack. Can you rent those from autozone?? Any recommendations on some good brakes/rotors?

xlj1000
Car: 2001 Pathfinder

Can you or someone shed some light on how you do it. I think sensor 1 is upstream one?
I also in the need of change one of it on the driver side. It seems to me that I need to access it from top where the space is rather limited, not underneath? What type socket do you need?

Thanks

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

Sensor 1 is indeed the upstream sensor. You will need a 22mm (preferable) or a 7/8" oxygen sensor socket. I've never replaced an upstream sensor, only downstream ones which are significantly easier to access (though the wiring harness is a lot more annoying to pull through).

Bank 1 is the side with cylinder 1. On VG33E and VQ35DE engines, it's on the passenger side.

xlj1000
Car: 2001 Pathfinder

I changed driver side(bank2?) upstream o2 sensor. Overall it is not too hard. The only thing I need to take out is the intake boot assembly.

I used the offset o2 sensor wrench from HFT, which works well. However there is a clip that attaches the wire to real back part of hood that seems impossible to reach by hand. so I have to cut the wire, also I cannot route the new sensor wire the same way.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”