How fast did you go?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Leo2005

Just curious how fast did you go?
Modified by Leo2005 at 2:31 PM 5/31/2008

philipa_240sx

I don't dare go that fast anymore. With the new provincial laws in Ontario (Canada), if you exceed the posted limit by 50km/h (30mph) and get caught you:

- Get your vehicle impounded for a week- Get your drivers license suspended for a week- Receive a fine up to $10,000

Best of all, a police officer can do this on the spot. You can fight it in court later if you want.

This new law was brought in to combat the 'street racers' and is apparently the stiffest penalty in North America.

But that's a whole other topic.

When I had my Altima with the same motor and the laws were a bit more sane, I managed about 115mph once. After that it seems you either hit a soft speed limiter or there's just not enough power to overcome the drag.

djpoetik
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

I went 115 with about 500 pounds of DJ equipment laid out in the trunk, i was running late for an event and thought to my self "damn, i wonder how fast i can push it!" It held realy sturdy, very comfortable ride for that speed the handling was great when i was weaving in and out of traffic! . But i don't think i will go back to that speed or exceed it cause here in Florida they radar you on helicopters get you license plate then send you a ticket in the mail! Havent had one yet but i'd rather not chance it.

BigMACKenzie
Car: 1993 240sx convertible

Havent tried to push the 240 yet (my old roomate got caught doing 115 mph on 95 south coming home from baltimore and had to rollerskate to work for 6 months and go to jail on the weekends, so I know it can but I dont want to get my new toy taken away) but a few years ago I def took my I-Roc up to about 145-150 mph on 270 South coming from germantown on the way to work one morning. I wasnt late, there was just a nice break in traffic and I wanted to push it. I would not reccomend that lvl of speed to many ppl i know if any. esp if they are not in an 80's steel body monster car where your butt is maybe 6 inches off the ground.

Edit: oops sorry didnt read the title all the way, def not rogue numbers I posted lol apologize for teh thread jack *hands it back* wont happen again sir

philipa_240sx

Ah, the 240... I drove my 90 240SX on a racetrack (Mosport International) and nearly hit the electronic speed limiter on the big straight at 115mph. HP seemed to be the limiting factor. Now, my friend has another S13... it's a full race car with an LS1 V8 swap, 340bhp in a 2,800lb car. Top speed at the same track (Mosport) was around 155mph. With proper gearing he could likely go faster.

Return to “Rogue Forum”