How do you pop the back window open

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
fraustypath

On a 96 pathfinder, there's no button on the latch or anything, and I cant find a button, but I see where it it hinged to open, where is the missing button? And I am not referring to the back gate, I can open it fine, just not the window.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

there should be a button or lever on the drivers side door panel.... and also it open with the key in the rear hatch (forgot which way tho)

Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

fueler wrote:there should be a button or lever on the drivers side door panel.... and also it open with the key in the rear hatch (forgot which way tho)
ill never forget the first time gassing up my qx4....the electronic lock to the gas door and the rear glass are controlled by buttons on ours and its literally hidden on the drivers side door...its under a curved area below the handle! LOL good times. had to open the manual before i could pump gas...felt like a total idiot

nissandoms47
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6-Custom 7" lift-33-1250R15 BFG KM2- a bunch of other s*** i cant think of

earlier r50 pathfinders dont have the back window pop button belows the far drivers vent. QX4s and possibly early r50 pathfinder LEs.

Mariach
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE

My 01 SE doesn't have a button?All these years I have been using the key in the tailgate?I really hope there isn't a button, or I will feel really dumb

Densetsu
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Chinook
Prev: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Chilkoot

If fueler's and Qxxx4's 99.5 Pathys have the switch, and my '03 has the switch (also beside the gas door button), then I'm assuming yours does too. :P

Don't worry, I made a fool of myself too. Went camping for a week and kept most of the supplies in the cargo area (packed FULL, if I opened the hatch it'd spill out). Whenever we needed something, out comes me with my trusty key to open the glass window. Got to be a real pain in the a** sometime around the second day, this was a weeklong trip. Wasn't until a couple months later I realized there was a switch on the drivers side door that everyone could have just used.

Oh, and on the '03 you turn the key on the hatch clockwise to open the glass window. You turn it a bit clockwise and it locks the doors, keep turning and it'll open the window.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

Densetsu wrote:Oh, and on the '03 you turn the key on the hatch clockwise to open the glass window. You turn it a bit clockwise and it locks the doors, keep turning and it'll open the window.
and then if you HOLD it there, all the windows will slide down the earlier years dont do this but the 03 should

Adnan
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD

your only option is using the key,which imo totally defeats the purposeyou must turn they key right twice.First one will lock the doors,the second twist will pop the glass open

I dont know how the brilliant minds at Nissan think but i know the Qx4 have a switchas early as 1999,the pathfinder gets that feature in 2003....what gives?

bmlawless
Car: 1999 Infinity QX4

Adnan wrote:I dont know how the brilliant minds at Nissan think but i know the Qx4 have a switchas early as 1999,the pathfinder gets that feature in 2003....what gives?
What do you think the $10,000 price difference was for?

Mariach

See, I knew I wasn't crazy!

pathfinder9035
Car: 2001 Nissan pathfinder

u guys better be right. because i didnt know there was a button for the rear latch. And if there is a button for my 01 i will go stab myself in the brain because i am gonna fill like a total looser. (just kidding)

Adnan
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD

the pathfinder is utilitarian compared to the Qx4,therefore pathfinder owners would appreciate such practical amenities.

Mariach

Damn right!I like to think of the Pathfinder owner as more of a manly man! Psh. Leather. Heated seats. Power liftgate window. Hell, i'm thinking of getting rid of my starter motor and switching it to a manual crank handle starter!

bmlawless
Car: 1999 Infinity QX4

pathfinder9035 wrote:u guys better be right. because i didnt know there was a button for the rear latch. And if there is a button for my 01 i will go stab myself in the brain because i am gonna fill like a total looser. (just kidding)
That's all it would take, huh?

fraustypath

it opened with the key, not seen a switch though, thanks for the answer

leftfromcenter
Car: 1998 Infiniti QX4

My 98 Q has the rear glass switch right below the power mirror switch (I'm pretty sure without looking)and the fuel door release is actually on the floor between the driver's side seat and door....And my 04 Pathfinder has the fuel door release and the rear glass switch on the driver's side door panel...I can't believe they would put them on some models, but not others?

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”