How do I reset M56 Oil Change warning light ?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
DougC
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Folks, I have a simple need : My 2011 M56 has a cute little oil change reminder that shows up at the interval that you set. Fine..I can see how to set the interval for almost whatever I want. BUT...I cannot see how to reset the counter when I change the oil ! Can anyone help ? Please ? Thanks, Doug

kluken
Car: 2011 M37S

I'm doing this blind, but if I recall on the screen/controller you select Information then Maintenance you'll see the Oil change and you select that and then there should be an option to reset, you can also change the interval.

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

also please do this when stopped ,if your car is like the earlier version the car allows more screen input when stopped

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Which one are you looking to set there are two. The one in the screen between the gauges and the one in the main screen.

The buttons on the right side of the gauge hood is accessed using the button with the square (Next or Menu) and the small circle (Enter).

The one in the Nav screen is accessed by pressing MENU then MAINTENANCE.

DougC
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Thank you all folks...very helpful. I thought that by resetting the one on the NAV screen, the center screen would reset too...wrong ! But thanks to your input I tackled the center screen itself again, found the reset as you indicated, and I'm good to go. It seems odd to me that the car has two independent systems for reminding you to change the oil...ah well..I can certainly live with it ! We're just finishing our first 3,500 mile trip and I kept track of all gas purchases...average was 25.5 mpg, and that's what the car system said too. That includes puttering around Vancouver B.C., and back roads through Oregon and Nevada. Not bad. Not great, but not bad. On long stretches I set it to ECO and it seemed to make a difference...we could get 500 miles on a tank. Thanks again fellows, Doug

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Most of the people that I know have only one set.

If you want to track long term fuel econ averages. Press INFO-FUEL ECON then reset the option on the right side (every model is slightly different and I cannot tell which is which :) )

Also if the monitor in the gauge cluster is the one you want to turn off you will need to click in the sub menu to settings than hit the lower button until the mileage reads 18500 the very next step is 0, and that is off. Real PITA but ...it is what it is.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”