How Do I Remove The Rear Bumper Protector?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
WeirdFishes

Might be more difficult to do than debadging... any tips or hints? Will fishing line scratch the paint? And if I had used alcohol prep naps, does that mean that area's clear coat is gone?

RCA

Well I am not sure what year your Versa is, but NICO provides factory service manuals (or FSM) for members. The FSM will probably cover what you are looking for. I hope this helped...

Here is the Versa page:http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/versa/

The rest of the index is in my signature labeled FSM.

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

Not sure what you mean by "bumper protector". If you can't find anything in the service manual, I can help if you can show me a picture.

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

i believe he is talkign about the aftermarket rear bumper protector that goes on the flat part of the bumper when you open the hatch. So when you are loading it, it protects it.

How is it held on? If its just tape or w/e try heating it up at one end and slowly work it up.

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

It should just be double-sided tape.

robaustin

I put mine on myself when I got the car a few weeks ago - it does just use double sided tape, so you should be able to heat it and use fishing line carefully under it to pull it up.

--*Rob

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”