How do I find the XM radio code?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jshardin
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

As I stated earlier, I just purchased a 2006 M45 Sport that appears to have had a subscription to XM at one point. All of my presets under 'A' are XM radio stations. On these stations I hear a sample of the station in low fidelity, and every so often an announcement comes on saying if I want to subscribe I need to tune to XM channel 0 (zero) and get my radio code. For whatever reason I cannot seem to tune to XM channel 0. Does anyone know what I need to activate XM?

Thanks!

Scott

striz923
Car: 2006 M35x

Apparently you need the actual radio code. The problem is I can't find mine either. I have heard it is on a sticker on the door, or when you are on Channel 1 (or whatever XM comes up with the samples) your radio number is there. Again mine isn't there either, but that is what they need to setup your account.

rpm
Car: Infiniti M35 2006

I bought my car with Sirius pre-installed. I called them and they told me the radio id was on "Channel 1". For the life of me, I couldnt figure out how to change the channel when the radio was tuned to the unauthorized satellite channels. Finally, i believe i either hit the scan/seek button or the tuning knob next to the seek button and the channels were able to be changed. Once i figured that out, I was able to tune to channel 1 which had the Sirius Radio ID listed in the navigation display.

I dont know if this is the same for XM but it wasnt very obvious that the seek/scan and tuning knobs would be used for changing satellite channels.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Welcome to NICO Jshardin!

If you tune the radio manually to channel "0" the radio code should be displayed. Its an alphanumeric code that is ~10 digits.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”