How do I change the tail light bulb?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
acerun

any one know of an online step by step for this?my right tail light is not completely out, just does not get brighter when I step on the brake.TIA

klutzak
Car: 05 Nissan Murano AWD

I have exactly the same problem. I can't see any screws or clips to remove tail light assembly - I don't want to just pry anything..

Surely, somebody here has done this...

Anyone?

varnadojr
Car: Murano

I found your question by trying to figure it out myself. I can't find the answer in my manual, Nissan sites, the web, and even the dealership here wasn't sure. They recommended something that was incorrect. Anyway, one of my friends figured it out.

There is a black cover that runs along the top side of the tail light box. It has a hold in it for the rubber stopper. That thing pops off. You may have to pull harder than you think to get it off - i was a little surprised myself.

There you will see 4 bolts. Ignore the bolts on the soft rubber thingy. Remove the other two. Now you can start wiggling out the tail light module. I thought I was going to break things but it just took a leap of faith and a tug...it pops off. Just get a good hold of it. You'll figure it out from here I'm sure...the brake light is the bottom hole by the way.

When you put the module back in be sure to push down and snap it back in place. You will hear a pop.

Good luck!

Rosies_Mom
Car: PT Cruiser DreamCruiser #3674

I had the same concern with my PT Cruiser. My answer was to take it in for its oil change and have the serviceman do it. Poof new bulb. Being an old broad and not wanting to get my hands grimy, that was my solution.

Return to “Murano Forum”