Honest Help (import my Skyline from England)

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
WhyTry?
Car: R33 GT-R Skyline

Okay first off i know there is lots of info out there but fill my situation is diffrent, im in the US Air Force and stationed in United Kingdom, i have a 1997 Skyline GT-R with 67,000 miles (converted from Kilometers), car was converted to MPH when it arrived and cleared UK customs, MOT (must have to drive on UK roads) and taxed (same applies). Im just wondering is this even worth the hassel to import, i have enjoyed the car and can sell it here for 10,000 pounds, (17K US dollars) or take the chance in the states, since im Military the shipping is free its customs i am worried about on the other side, i am trying to get orders FL or GA as there is no emisions in those states. Please assist

Crazyirish
Car: Nothing noteworthy at the moment...

Read this if you want the long answer:
so-you-want-to-buy-a-skyline-in-the-us-t159216.html
Short Answer:
Not worth the hassle and possible siezure of your vehicle.

WhyTry?

Crazyirish wrote:Read this if you want the long answer:
so-you-want-to-buy-a-skyline-in-the-us-t159216.html
Short Answer:
Not worth the hassle and possible siezure of your vehicle.
yeah i looked over that, just see so much that i think your right, ill just let it go, just really hate too

Crazyirish
Car: Nothing noteworthy at the moment...

I would hate to let it go too. On the bright side, there are plenty of excellent vehicles available here in the states. If you can sell your car for 17k USD, then you can pick up almost any 90s sports car and still have enough left for some choice modifications. Or just make a nice down payment on something new :)

WhyTry?

Crazyirish wrote:I would hate to let it go too. On the bright side, there are plenty of excellent vehicles available here in the states. If you can sell your car for 17k USD, then you can pick up almost any 90s sports car and still have enough left for some choice modifications. Or just make a nice down payment on something new :)
yeah well i might sell and bring a Toyota Soarer TT (2.5L) over instead...

i wanaskyline
Car: 99 and 00 Mustang both in the USA. Nissan R'nessa, and 2 R32 GTR's

that wont be worth it either. Its not just the skyline thats a hassle...it is any car that is not right hand drive and crash tested blah blah blah the list goes on...what i mean is even a supra that is imported from Japan would get crushed as well. I may be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”