Honda Fit vs. Toyota Yaris vs. Nissan Versa Track Day, May 11th 2007

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
AlRedCar
Car: 2007 Honda Fit Sport

Attention all you Versa drivers:My name is Alec Cervenka and I am helping organize the first micro-car track event for 2008 and we need YOU! We already have a number of confirmed Fit and Yaris drivers for the day, but it wouldn't be fair unless we had some competition from our Nissan rival, the Versa! The event will be run by Speed Ventures, which is one of the more established companies for track events in California and we have worked out a plan so that every attendee will have a free transponder with their payment of the track fees. This way we can really see who is the fastest Micro Car out on the track! The track fees will be $150 for the day and this will secure the track so that we can have a Micro Car - centric event.

Track: Streets of WillowDate: May 11, 2008Price: $150 per person

So far, we have about 10 confirmed Fit and 10 confirmed Yaris drivers coming to the event and we thought it would be nice to see some competition from the Versa crowd. Let me know what you guys think and we all hope to see you there!

UPDATE: We are now also including Scion entries at the event! We have several interested drivers from Scionlife.com and we are still looking for Nissan Versa drivers!

UPDATE 03/17 The event has changed and is now open to all makes and models. However, if you send me your information, you will be run in the micro class with a transponder included. The event is now being completely run by Speed Ventures, I will post the registration link as soon as it is available.

Image from Willowspringsraceway.com

Modified by AlRedCar at 4:49 PM 3/9/2008

Modified by AlRedCar at 4:50 PM 3/9/2008

Modified by AlRedCar at 11:25 AM 3/13/2008

Modified by AlRedCar at 2:20 PM 3/17/2008

Modified by AlRedCar at 2:20 PM 3/17/2008
Modified by AlRedCar at 2:21 PM 3/17/2008

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

But the Versa is not in the same class as the fit & yaris. How would it be fair?

Maybe you should have some matrix's there for the versa to race.

AlRedCar

Well you guys do have a bit more horsepower on most Fits (mine should have a little more motivation, compliments of my awesome job at Garrett haha) but we still thought that it would be great to get you guys out there too!

Andrews Chalmers
Car: Versa '07 SL CVT

Will you guys open the field for Golfs? :P

AlRedCar

We maaaaay open it for Golfs, we were trying to keep that B-Segment Japanese car effect going, but ein bisschen Deutsch may not be a bad idea...

Andrews Chalmers
Car: Versa '07 SL CVT

AlRedCar wrote:We maaaaay open it for Golfs, we were trying to keep that B-Segment Japanese car effect going, but ein bisschen Deutsch may not be a bad idea...
What I'll love to see is a bunch of xBs, Yaris, Versa, Fit, Aveo, Golfs, Rio & Accents driving erratically around corners by amateur drivers

rwanttaja

Andrews Chalmers wrote:
What I'll love to see is a bunch of xBs, Yaris, Versa, Fit, Aveo, Golfs, Rio & Accents driving erratically around corners by amateur drivers
Come to Seattle.

Ron

AlRedCar

Well, the offer's still open to people that want to get themselves out on to a track!

Versa Madness
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S HB 6 spd

You may want to edit the day for this year.......2008!

AlRedCar

Whoops... posting at 7 after three hours of sleep will do that haha.At least all the stuff in the post was the right date!

Mr. LS

nice! What is admission for spectators?

AlRedCar

Willow Springs takes $10 at the gate and then you're free to spectate.

Would you guys be interested in a car show at the event for those that aren't racing?

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

Road trip to California?

AlRedCar

Bump for an awesome event!

Elmojo
Car: 2007 Versa SL

Oh man, how I wish I live in CA, or even on the same coast for that matter!

Mr. LS

Cool I will most likely show up. We rolled out to Krispy Kreme Tuesdays last night, lots of nice cars there, but we will see the damage the micros can do at Willow!

2K Marketing
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

How do we pre register for this event. I have a very Versa suprise for the other B-Spec cars................

AlRedCar

Sounds good!To sign up, send me your name and either an email address or your phone number, I'll relay it on to the head honcho of the event. He'll get you all signed up.

So what's this very Versa surprise? I don't think I've seen a modified Versa yet, actually. What have you done to it?

fastlyfe

I need more info. are there any practice days? is there any media coverage, will we be running heavy modified fits,yaris? our car are limited by after market support. im interested let me know. [email protected]

AlRedCar

Ideally, we will be able to get some media coverage, I will talk to my contacts in the aftermarket section here at Garrett to see if we can't pull some strings to get some magazines out there like Siphon, Sport Compact Car, etc.There isn't going to be a practice day, as this is one day event that is in a time trial format. So the race will be against the clock, rather than a position race. That being said, there still will be other cars out on the track at the same time, with passing only in designated areas.

As far as modified Fit and Yarii, we are planning on seeing a good mix of mostly stock and mildly modified cars out at the track. In regards to my car, there may be a little bit of Garrett-branded goodness underhood...

AlRedCar

Updated the first post with new info.

XFreeRollerX
Car: Nissan Versa S, 6spd Manual, Dk. Blue!

aw man too bad I have school all that week

Stupid College lol

Return to “Versa General Chat”