"Homelink garage opener" How to use it?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
WhiteG35Bullet
Car: 03 G35 CoUpE 6Mt

I have just brought the G35 like a week ago and forgot that I can program the garage with my rearview mirror. But the thing is that the owner never gave me the booklet/instruction to how to program it and the owner has already moved to NYC and I can't get in contact with him so can anyone help me with programming my garage to my car?

infinititech1

1. hold both outer button until it blinks to let you know the memory is cleared.2. hold garage door opener close to mirror and press the button you wanna program it to and the garage door opener button at the same time and hold until the light flashes fast3. then press learn button on the actual garage door opener so it starts the "learn" process4. press and hold the homelink button that you programed the garage to. after a few seconds should be done...try it out

the 3rd step is for garage doors with rolling codes which is pretty much all of 'em these days.

detailed instructions at homelink.com but mine should work

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Thanks Drew!

I'm going to copy this and put it up top!

USAF_G35_Guy
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe 6MT

can you train it with just the opener if you don't have the handheld remote?

My remote was stolen along w/ my R6 about half a year ago bahhhhhhh!

And my G has no remote to learn from....so I can teach it to my opener

.....if that made sense haha

infinititech1

no u can't...have to buy a new remote for it first...

USAF_G35_Guy

Grr that sux....thx for info! So I guess you can program a handheld remote without another handheld remote?.....But not the homelink car remote. Humm, weird. thx again! I guess I'll go buy me self a new remote.

rg_g35x
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35X Ivory Pearl, Stone Interior

I programmed mine without the remote, I just pressed the learn button on the actual garage door opener, then pressed the homelink button in the car. Okay, there was a few more steps in there, it wasn't quite that simple, but I didn't need the remote if I used the learn button on the opener itself.

joe603

rg_g35x wrote:I programmed mine without the remote, I just pressed the learn button on the actual garage door opener, then pressed the homelink button in the car. Okay, there was a few more steps in there, it wasn't quite that simple, but I didn't need the remote if I used the learn button on the opener itself.
That's how I did mine too...

infinititech1

well it just says on their site that if you have a rolling code one than you would have to do it like that

USAF_G35_Guy

cool, thx for the info! I'll try it again.

the only thing I can think of is, since I cleared my homelink one...then maybe it isn't broadcasting a signal out for the opener to learn....and the opener doesn't transmit ever? and is just a receiver? Oh well....I'll figure it out eventually

Wow, I feel dumb....as I'm in the telecomm/data industry and I can't even figure out my own garage door opener lol

joe603

USAF_G35_Guy wrote:cool, thx for the info! I'll try it again.

the only thing I can think of is, since I cleared my homelink one...then maybe it isn't broadcasting a signal out for the opener to learn....and the opener doesn't transmit ever? and is just a receiver? Oh well....I'll figure it out eventually

Wow, I feel dumb....as I'm in the telecomm/data industry and I can't even figure out my own garage door opener lol
From Wiki...

Since the signal is supposed to be significantly different from that of any other garage door remote control, manufacturers claim it is impossible for someone other than the owner of the remote to open the garage. When the transmitter sends a code, it generates a new code using an encoder. The receiver, after receiving a correct code, uses the same encoder with the same original seed to generate a new code that it will accept in the future. Because there is a high probability that someone might accidentally push the open button while not in range and desynchronize the code, the transmitter and receiver generate look-a-head codes ahead of time.

jayvee
Car: Hyundai

Well, that is really hard to work around without any guide, and it is not some kind of technology with panel that you can read on it view monitor to check its settings and options. Try to get a copy from the manufacturer of the mechanism, maybe they can furnish you a copy.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”