home suspension mods

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
scuba_sean
Car: snowboarding, sailing

my friend and I just made strut tower braces for our cars (90 240SX and 88 Pulsar) and we loved the difference. we are both on extreme budgets, and were wondering if there was anything else we could do to our cars to improve handling. we have thought about sway bars, but dont know if they would do any good on independant suspension.

sultan

i think it would be pretty hard to make a sway bar, but they are used in independent suspension cars. made a big difference when i put a rear sway bar on my car.

scuba_sean

what kinda of car do you have, and how did you do it?

sultan

uhh, not a 240, it's a Q45 and it has 4 wheel independent suspension. came with a front bar, and i got a rear "a" bar (larger than "t" bar) and put it on, as mine (base model) did not come with one.

scuba_sean

ok. what company did ya get it from and how much?

sultan

i don't know how "extreme" you budget is but you can buy a rear sway bar for your car for a little over $200 american at many different online shops or go to a junkyard and find a 240 with a swaybar and put it on your car.

scuba_sean

thanks

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

dude the complete suspension techniques sway bar set is a little over 200, just get that and be happy.-chet

turboweege

howd you make your strut bars???

scuba_sean

it was the easiest thing ive ever done. you just take a piece of 3/4" EMT electrical conduit, and flatten the ends in a bench vice or with a hammer, (make sure its measured realy well), and then take off a bolt on either side on your strut towers. drill holes the EXACT size and in the EXACT place, or it will loose all effect. make sure it's bent off the engine or it will vibrate and make an awful noise. i'll try to get some pics up as soon as i can.

aridous1
Car: weight lifting

To anyone that has done this engine swap,I currently have a 88 pulsar, and it has a ca16 in it. I would like to put a ca18det in it, but I'm not sure of the changes that I will need. I would like to know if anyone knows about how much this swap is going to cost me.

Thanks for any help anyone might have!

Aaron_RMS13

aridous, I had an Pulsar with the 1.6 in it and installed a CA18DE (not DET) in it. If you would like the details shoot me an email [email protected]

I don't want to hijack this thread.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”