High rpms while car in drive gear

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Labart
Car: 2008 Infiniti G37S

I have a bit of an issue with my car while it is in drive gear and I am not touching any pedal. While I am waiting at traffic light or stuck in traffic jam my car maintain about 1200-1400 rpms when I release brake and do not touch accelerator. I can even feel how it tries to drive further when i am stopping it. Also it brings rough gear change when changing from second to the first gear during slow down. Also fuel consuption jumped up. This issue pops up only when engine is hot and car was used for at least an hour or so.

Another thing i have noticed is that when car is in parking or neutral and i press accelerator it cuts off revs at 4000 and drops them down to 1500-2000 although throttle is fully pressed.

I thought that it is because of dirty butterflies. I took it to dealershop, cleaned them and re-callibrated them with command, but problem didn't disappear. My car is at dealershop for already 2 days and they do not know what to do as none of computers showing errors. I am a bit desperate.. I tried with 3 different delearshops and car garages and the result is zero. Did anyone faced the same? I would appreaciate any hint on what to look at.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Usually when I hear people having these problems it comes out to be the MAF. I hate to jump straight to that conclusion since they are not cheap.

Labart
Car: 2008 Infiniti G37S

audtatious wrote:Usually when I hear people having these problems it comes out to be the MAF. I hate to jump straight to that conclusion since they are not cheap.
Anyway thanks on the hint. At least it is something I haven't checked before. Thanks for assistance.

catherinagatto
Car: Infiniti G37 xS 2013

Hi everybody, I happen to have a similar problem. Three days ago, on a frozen winter night (arrownd zero degrees F.) I started my engine and when I put on the "R" gear transmission the car jumped suddenly back and I just had the time to brake before hitting the car behind me. Next step, to go out of my parking place, I turned my front wheels on my right hand side, put my transmission on the "D" gear and guess what ... the car jumped again with a big sound (RPM probably very high) and, with the high speed the car crossed the street, I did not have the time, that time, to brake rapidly enough and hit the car the other side of this narrow street.
Consequences will cost a lot !!! If anybody had the same problem let me know please. :confused:

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Almost every vehicle will run at a fast idle until the engine is fully warmed up.
At zero degrees why didn't you wait a few minutes until the RPM's dropped prior to starting out?

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”