Hi all - New here and hoping for some input from the experts

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
zcherub

Hi guys - I'm new, and was hoping to get some help from the experts.
zcherub
Forums
Subscriptions

Home / G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
Hi guys - I'm new, and was hoping to get some help from the experts.
Today 08:36 PM by zcherub
I was a Nissan guy for about 9 years (owned and loved my 94 TT Z32).

Been into Bimmers for about 5 years now (selling a really clean 03 530I MSport).

I've decided to go back to Nissan & pick up an 06 or 07 6mt coupe, and think I've found one. Here's the story:

Found the car online, and it's a few hundred miles from me. It's a 2007 model, the right color, the right price (or close enough), has ~70k miles, clean carfax (no accidents or title issues), 2 previous owners and it appears to be in good shape.

Here's my concern - the seller said they had it painted to "fix some scratches". I asked for an invoice, & they quickly provided it. It's dated August of 2014 and the only notes are "repair/paint entire body". The price shown is $2800, and the body shop name is consistent with what they told me on the phone.

I'm a little worried that it needed a whole paint job, & that it only cost $2,800 ($5k has been closer to my experience).

Would anyone that has more body work experience than me (particularly from the dealer perspective) be willing to chime in with how concerned all of this should make me?

I realize there aren't any guarantees, but I'd like to get a better feel for the likelihood of having peeling paint in 12 months.

Thanks in advance - hope to be among your numbers soon

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Sounds a little sketchy to me.

Call an Infiniti dealer and ask how much it costs for a complete used Infiniti vehicle inspection. They can run the VIN number and provide additional info about the vehicle. Do this only after you inspect the vehicle and ask the seller if they are ok with a dealer inspecting the vehicle prior to purchase. Any uncovered issues by the dealer (accidents etc) can then be used to negotiate the price lower.I would also make sure the alignment is within specs as well as a brake inspection
If you are not getting a good feeling about this vehicle find another one.

Just my $.02

Telcoman

zcherub

telcoman wrote:Sounds a little sketchy to me.

Call an Infiniti dealer and ask how much it costs for a complete used Infiniti vehicle inspection. They can run the VIN number and provide additional info about the vehicle. Do this only after you inspect the vehicle and ask the seller if they are ok with a dealer inspecting the vehicle prior to purchase. Any uncovered issues by the dealer (accidents etc) can then be used to negotiate the price lower.I would also make sure the alignment is within specs as well as a brake inspection
If you are not getting a good feeling about this vehicle find another one.

Just my $.02

Telcoman
Thanks! I'll definitely have the dealer check it out. Just trying to eliminate any major deal killers before making the trek... Appreciate the input!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”