Hey, the build up of project akumu s13, and yes there are lots of pics

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
dak0n
Car: 1992 white 180sx (under construction, will be done soon)

Hey everyone, now i know i posted some pics in another thread, but iv seen other people posting there build ups, and they have been intresting, so i thought i would finaly start a thread of my car, consitering im starting to see the end in sight, anywho to start my story, my name is Mark, i live in upstate ny, a few years ago i bought my first 240 off of a friend for 1200 bux, and the fun began there, i named this full buildup project akumu, thats japanese for nightmare, cause this whole buildup has been one, and i figured id throw some jdm in there lol. the 240 i bought was a red 90 se.

you can notice btw, the kid i bought it off of, was trying to mold out the body lines. also notice in the interior picture, the passanger side rear strut bar got blown through.the motor in it was a sohc, and had 114 miles, at the time it ran alright, but after being retarded and driving up the street on newyears eve, 2 hours b4 the ball drops, i got pulled over and in a nut shell got 15 tickets and my car got towed -_-... a few months later, i got the car back, and started fixing it up. it was about winter time, when i bought a few things for the car, seeing as how poor condition the body was i didnt want to waste money on paint, so me and a friend sprey bombed the car, it was warm out when we started, but it was snowing by the time the car was done, i personaly hated the pig nose so i tryed molding it out, also, i love the color blue, so i didnt realy want a red car, so i painted it lol. halfway through working on it, my friend crashed his sil80 from a random snow storm that came from no where, so i basicaly bought 80% of his car, and used all the things to fix up my crappy blue one. we eventualy got it to this condition:i put a oem seibon carbon fiber hood on, as well as sparco seats, but at the time the "frame rails" that sparco made for the s13 made the seat sit wayyyy to fare off the ground, so i had to take them back out.well over the summer i fixed more things up on itnear the end of summer, i had found a front bumper from a chuki s13, and i cleaned it up, i also got a few more things online which i was gonna use to fix the car up, the only prob i still had with the car, was rust, like many 240s, my blue car needed alot of rust repaired, well i had money to get it done, but out of curiosity, i ended up finding my black 240. over the previous fall, i heard from a friend of a local guy selling a perfect condition black 92 s13, so i went and checked it out, the guy wanted 2700 bux for it, i managed to talk him down to 1700, but due to lack of funds i just gave up, during spring i found out from kids showing up with 240s down at the local street scene that they put a deposit on the car, and i basicaly gave up on it. well my curiosity brought me to drive by the guys house just cause i was bored and wanted to see if it was still there, sure enough it was. apparently 3 dif people put down alot of money in deposits, and just never showed back up, the kids i talked to were one of them, and lived up the street. the guys next door nabor and nabor across the street were intrested in buying it. so i talk to the guy. through some merrical i showed up with cash on hand, what little cash i had left, and managed to buy the car for 1400 bux!, now let me tell u alittle about this car:It had 71k miles, the owner who i bought it off of, was the only owner, and bought it new in 93 from the dealership were he leasted it. the title still had a lean on it from when he purchased it, he had all the origional manuals and booklets, the car had prob about 1% rust, and that was under the rear spoiler, and small bit on the muffler bracket which i bought a new one. the guy babyed the hell out of the car the entire time he had it, and never drove it in the winter. it truly was a fantastic find. we ended up taking a compression check of each cyl on the dohc ka, and each cyl came out at 175, and what iv heard brand new its supposed to be 180 or somthing. i decided to take the project and transfer it over into the new chassie, and so my black 240 started getting the works.well through out this whole build up i forgot to mention 2 important facts, first is, i got megan racing fully ajustable coilovers for the blue one, which got transfered to the black one, and second, i went out and bought a sr20det block, from a s14 silvia, with the variable valve timing system all that fun stuff, i also spent way to much money on bolt ons for the motor. it was basicaly hooked up in the blue car, but when i bought the black 240, i pulled it out, so that it could eventualy go in the black one. well over time i started peice by peice putting togeather the black 240 with all the crap iv bought, im a procrastinator so alot of it just sat around for awhile, and still isi ended up buying this seibon cf hood, after looking for awhile at my freinds evo, and other higher end cars, i noticed how much more agressive the lines were on those cars, and how there realy wasnt a whole lot to the 240, i wanted to change that, well i found that hood online, and i also found wide fenders that had generaly the same shape vents, that were in a "E" shape, the reason i wanted vents, was from when i saw movies online of sr20s putting out crazy heat from the exaust manifold, so i wanted to get some more air flow. well after alittle longer i added the abunch more of the stuff laying around, including a front lip for the stock bumper, some side skirts that shared the agressive body line theme, a 180sx type x under vailance, to match the type x lights and wing, which i still havnt put on yet, i drilled the holes but im prob just gonna put the hatch from my blue car on it. i also put the front fenders on which r 22mm widebody.also due to some retardedness, we had to replace the steering colomb, which was a absolute nightmare job, but eventualy got it done.you can see how the body lines sorta match.i ended up getting a coldair intake from my friend for 20 bux for the ka, i just put it in there for the hell of it, also, the car has a full megan racing stainless steel 3" exaust, i also have a 3" megan cat on therei ended up taking the stock wing off, and ground down the baseball sized rust holes then patched them using plates of aluminum, and pb blaster and bondo lol, the whole time i had another hatch i was gonna put on it so i wasnt to concerned with how it looked, i just wanted a temp fix, although now i plan on taking the one off the blue 240 and taking my extra and putting it on it.i have everything i need to paint the car, but to get alot of the stuff in my basement cleaned up, i just wanted to get everything on, then worry about cleaning it up later, so i just sprey bombed everything black, and then spreyed it with a clear, i know my work is sloppy, but most of the time u couldnt evne tell, everything blened half decenti also had 33mm wide rear over fenders which i still havnt put on the car, they somehow made there way back into my basement lol, in one of the pics above its hard to tell but the pic from behind in my garage has the fenders laying on it, it looked pritty good with the rear wheels, cause they were so wide, and the car is dropped 2.5 inch all around.well i ended up going to the dmv and ordering new plates, i got ones that say "jdmrps13" i put jdm cause my back end is basicaly jdm, and same with my motor set up, some of u can argue against me but oh well lol, i did find out the plate "180sx" was available in ny, but i liked my front end and didnt feel right getting it unless i did the 180 front bumper lol at the least, cause if i wanted a full 180, then i would go nutz and get it as close as i could without going rhd. but i did some test fits with the wing on it, and this is where my car ultimatly stands right now.i also replaced the lights in my cluster with blue leds, which were easy to find, i got em at an advanced, but i also put my indeck dvd player in, its scary how well it fits in there, also on my grant steering wheel, my friend gave me a huge nissan emblem off of a newer nissan truck, so i stuck it on the horn, so when ever i push down on it, the horn beeps, i still cant make up my mind wether it looks cool or cheesy, oh well

the motor should be getting swaped within the next week or so, the only prob im having is i need a turbo, i have a gt28r from a s15 but it needs to be rebuilt, and due to lack of money to finish the swap and the turbo, im selling my blue 240, with all the tones and tones of extra parts everywhere i through it all on the blue car, and the ka in the black car is going in it as well. here is a list i made of everything i own that is either alrdy in the black car, or will be in it shortly---Engine----S14 sr20det-Megan racing 2.5" exaust manifold-Megan racing full 3" catback exaust-Megan racing 3" downpipe-Megan racing 2.5"-3" Elbow turbo pipe-Megan racing 3" test pipe-Megan racing Exaust heat shield-Megan racing lightweight pully kit-Greddy M-spec FMIC 2.5" piping-Greddy Type-rs Bov-Greddy Oilpan-Fugita cold air intake-Walbero 255 fuel pump-flex-a-light duel fan-Duel fan thermostate-Act Stage 1 clutch/flywheel kit-Agency Power boost controller-Nismo motor/tranny mounts-Optima yellow top battery-Ngk Laser irridium sparkplugs-mr.gasket copper exaust gasket-Turbo heat wrap-Circuit Sports Ignition Coil Ground Plate-Ciruit Sports turbo line kit-Tenzen engine torque dampiner-Garrett Gt28 turbo-Koyo aluminum sr radiator

---Susspension----Eiboch Front slotted rotors-Brembo rear slotted rotors-Hawk front break pads-Hawk Rear break pads-Braided steel break line kit front/rear-Megan racing full adjustable coilovers-front and back pilot strut bar-front 17 inch rims-rear 18x9.5 rims

---Exterior----Chuki front bumper-180sx tail lights-180sx wing-seibon carbon fiber tt hood-black casing projector 8000 hid flip up headlights-clear jdm bumper lights-s13 canadian front lip kit-22mm wide front fenders-Sideskirts-Rear 33mm wide over fenders-98 180sx rear bumper spoilers-Aerocatch plus flush locking hood pin kit

---Interior----Sparco bucket siena racing seats-Grant gt small steering wheel-pilot front and rear sway bars-Valor dvd player-Full black custom carpeting-Megan racing oil temp gauge-Megan racing water temp gauge-Megan racing Volt meter gauge-Boost gauge-Greddy turbo timer-4 point black camlock harness's-passport 7500 raidar detector-front/rear pilot strut bars-Nismo C pillar bar-Keyless entry/alarm kit-ignition key ring light

well i hope i made my project sound somewhat intresting lol, ill try to keep up to date in the next few weeks on hte progress of my motor swap.

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Btw, on your mods list it says you have aerocatch pins, yet I see no pins in sight?
Modified by AZ89two4Tsx at 12:16 PM 4/5/2009

nifares240
Car: 1993 240sx Black-Project Car, 1993 240sx Red-SOLD, 1994 Sentra, 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V-Daily, 1999 Toyota Camry

nice car....the body work kind a makes the car look rice. hey, it's your ride.

Xdisaster240sX
Car: S13 Hatch, R32 GTS4

If you lose that lip the car imo will look fine. Use the stock lip it you still have it. Good job either way

TekuDrifter18
Car: 240sx Type X

dude cars looking nice. love the chuki lip.

Shift_Cory
Car: nissan

... wow that blue car was ugly, at least the other one is just black. good luck

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

that blue definately was not good it looks good now

J240sx
Car: 89 240sx

The black 240 looks good.

raven2345
Car: 91 chuki

the filled in pig bumper was unique, but with it being partly black i couldn't tell what difference it made. the paint job was unique on the first one, but not quite my style. the hood on the black one now is also not my style, but of course it's your car so i hope it's to your liking.

i believe the front lip you have is a bomex one. any clarification on that?

could you possibly take a picture of the cutoff of the projectors? also, are they ebay ones?

thanks, and gl with the rest of it

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

Nice car!

sebazztard
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx rb25det project. 2000 Honda Accord LX DD. 1992 Nissan 300zx NA.

body mods are pretty ricey dude, other than that i dont know what to say. black car was in great shape when you found it, i dont know why you think it looks better now. your car tho.

sebazztard
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx rb25det project. 2000 Honda Accord LX DD. 1992 Nissan 300zx NA.

well i didnt want to feel like an ******* so i gave it another look, i think you can pull this off if you have some HP under the hood, serious hp. i like the back, but as agressive as that body is with a stock ka and an intake, it comes off foolish, ya know. hope to see an engine upgrade in some future posts.

dak0n

heh, yeah like i said in another thread, the body work is just thrown togeather now, this whole winter iv been cleaning it up alot, im trying to have it all nice and clean by carlisle pa, but the hood pins ur talking about r sitting on the desk behind me, abunch of the stuff on that list is sitting either in my basement, or is bolted up to my motor which will be going on soon, hopefully ill be able to put out the kinda hp i want, the prob is, after i got it all put togeather, i plan on sending it down to a company called heavythrottle, or http://www.srswap.com, they do full ecu tuning, so after that im hoping to be getting some serious power, as is i think it should be around a mid to high 12 sec car, my goal is to get into the 11s and ill be happy. but the reason i added all these exterior mods, is cause i care more about being origional then being rice or what ever, i personaly thought all the aftermarket front bumpers were rice so i got the front lip, at first i didnt want to use it, but i thought it looked great when i put it on, but origionaly, i got all of the body stuff for the blue 240, cause like all u said, it looked realy bad, only reason i spreyed it blue and black, was cause i didnt care what it looked like lol, that car was all beat up when i got it, and i fixed it up, well i didnt want the car red, and there are at least 3-4 other primer black 240s here in my city, so i wanted somthing that everyone would auto know it was me, i liked blue so i said screw it, i bought some sprey paint, it was the only blue i liked, and i went with it lol! once all the body parts were replaced i was gonna get a legit paint job. i have about 500 dollars worth of paint suplys and paint in my basement, but im not sure what i wanna do yet, i have a dark blue/violete pearl paint, that is a stock nissan paint on some of the newer cars, i was gonna paint the whole thing blue, minus the top, i was planning on getting a a cf hatch but for now ill just paint it the same color as the rest of the car, but anyways, i like how it looks black so i might just re paint it black, but i cant make up my mind.

dak0n

alright, i had some pics of my motor almost completely hooked up in my blue 240 b4 i pulled it out to get it ready for the black car, so i thought i would show some pics of them.now keep in mind, not everything is on the motor yet, like the light weight pully gears, they r sitting in my basement but will be put on the motor as its going in my car, hopefully in the next few days.

oh also, im not sure what ur asking for with a cut off with the headlights, yeah they r ebay special, cause i needed the cheap casings if i was gonna use the hids, i didnt realy care passed that, and i did work to them so they wouldnt be as cheap.
Modified by dak0n at 1:30 AM 1/3/2009

blacky_s13
Car: 1989 240sx

Nice car dude
Modified by blacky_s13 at 1:45 PM 1/3/2009

sebazztard

ah cool, thought you were stockin.

dak0n

lol naw like i said, im all about being origional, i hate copying other people, thats why i got the s14 sr instead of the s13 sr knowing full well how much of a PAIN in the *** it is to put one in a s13 lol, wireharness and all that fun stuff. there was no way i was gonna rock the stock ka, plus, u gotta remember, everything i had was origionaly for the blue 240, and the sohc that was in there b4 i put the sr in there was crap, it was dieing and had cancer and aids and all that junk. so when i got the black 240, i didnt have any plans of keeping the ka, actualy origionaly i REALY wanted to get a l28e and get a t3 exaust manifold, and put a t3/t4 on it, i was planning on rebuilding the motor from the ground up, i also liked how the l28 block supposedly bolted right up to the ka trany, with some minor moding such as belt houseing and such. but i appreciate everyone who has liked my car lol, and to those of you who dont, we all have dif tastes and just cause u dont like it is perf ok : ) but i appreciate ur oppinions non the less, i cant wait for carlile in the spring so i can bring it down hopefully with the body work all done and it running how i want it too, iv been every year for the last few years, and spoke with alot of 240 members down there, unfortunatly i felt bad talking about all these things i had, and not having the car down there, or much less any pictures. but this year should be fun :D

ak240sx
Car: 1989 240sx with red top sr20det, 2002 Dodge Durango, 2004 Suzuki sv650

Good job finding an s13 with little to no rust. They're hard to find in that condition. And from the original owner no less. That's amazing. Most of the 240's I see are in need of a lot of rust work. I know mine is. Good luck with the engine swap. Keep us updated. Also, I hate to break it to you but I'm pretty sure heavy throttle closed its doors as or October 2008. They were a great company though. As far as their internet site goes, it now redirects you to phase2motortrend which is also a pretty good company. Good luck with the build!!!

Ghast
Car: 1993 240sx, 2002 Lancer ES, 2006 350z Enthusiast

Looks good bro!

sebazztard

yea i wish there was stuff up here. theres nothing in the way of any car scene, just some ricers and a lot of classic domestics. its very very very very underground here, like if anyone has something built its known about within the car people. i wish there was a better networking in this area, its pretty rednecked.

dak0n

yeah i hear ya, but that sux about ssrswap, i didnt know that, last time i ordered/talked to him was late summer so if they closed around october i wouldnt of known about it, that sux alot cause the guy that owned it was VERY knowledgable on 240s, but beleave me, i know what its like with 240s and rust, thats one main reason why im selling the blue 240, i had to deal with the car cancer for almost 2 years lol.

Rosco
Car: 91' SR'ed Hatch

It looks pretty good bro....I love how few a ppl are always like,"lose everything you just put on and it will look good".....The OEM look isn't for everyone....keep up the good work mang.

blkhatch97
Car: 95 240sx se

Wow!

dak0n

lol thanks, see with me, i love how the 240 looks, and yeah oem looks cool, but personaly i love how alot of modern sports cars look, so in a way i try building up my car to be like any modern sports car, speed, electronics, etc. thats why i put hte dvd player in there, i plan on getting the digital climate control, and the headsup display and digital cluster, iv alrdy looked into them and know whats involved, i just planned on waiting till after the sr is up and running, i just dropped by black car off at my freinds shop, the sr should be in either by tommorow or the next day, so ill take some pics of it in there. Oh yeah, and in regards to what somone said earlyer, about my flush hood pins, the reason i dont have them in, is cause there arnt a whole lot of carbonfiber experianced places up here, so realy im not 100% how to go about getting them installed, if anyone has done it b4, and i know iv seen pics of other 240s with my hood with the same hood pins, any help would be appreciated

dak0n

ok update time, i had my friend clean up my block and engine bay, and they look amazing, so i thought i would share his amazing work.some before shots of the block:and now after he cleaned the block up, and put the new pully gears on

I just wish my ignition coil ground plate was on, then this would look sick as ****. my only prob is the danm crank pully, i wish it didnt look like ****, i either need to find a new one, or paint it, or leave it, knowing how much of a procrastinator i am, ill prob just leave it -_-

ThuG LyFe
Car: 95 S14

^damn that motor's FRESH.

sorry i didn't read a word you wrote though just looked at the pics =P

dak0n

lol its ok, ur forgiven

dak0n

so update time, after a long boring cold s***y winter of my car sitting in a mound of snow.my sr is in, and my car is FINALY running, among other things, iv gotten a few new things for my car, and had to sadly get rid of a few others, but here r some new pics i took of the motor.

we just need to tweek it some more to take care of some small issues, and my interior is gonna be getting done finaly, ill post update pics on that later.

AutoShadow
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Your engine looks real crisp. However, I'm not feeling those wheels matched with that aero...maybe if you got larger wheels that had better offsets, then your car would be sex. Overall looks good.

dak0n

thanks, ya i thought alot about getting new rims, they r 17s in the front 18s in the back, i got them off my friends car back in the day when he crashed his sileighty in a snow storm, but for now i think i wanna just get slightly bigger tires in the front and see what it does lol, cause wheels arnt realy a priority of mine at the moment. however on topic, i realy like a specific rim i was consitering getting, it kinda looks like the stock rims on the new camaro, id post a pic but i dont have it with me, but there is a realt clean s13.5 black with them on, some of u have prob seen the pic online.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”