help with speakers installation

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
andrei_23
Car: 2000 nissan maxima

how do u take of door panel with out mesing it up? i gotta install new speakers for the front and rear of my 2000 maxima. any one got tips?

MaXimaSE
Car: 1998 Nissan Maxima SE

well considering I just did this job 2 weeks ago It's pretty easy..

*Remove the little cap inside the door pull.. Remove that Screw

*There are 2 Philips Head Screws at the bottom of the door panel.. Remove them

*Remove Door Handle Escutheon(sp?) and the Window Button Plastic by prying at the top of it till It pops up then pull It up and disconnect the electrical connector

*Slide back the panel while lifting up to get It up off the track It's on and then pull the rest of the electrical connectors out from behind the panel that gives you room to work.

install is just reverse of removal.. just take your time

andrei_23

yeah thanx MaXimaSE. but i think thats how i did it for my 1996 maxima door panel. its a bit different for the 2000 model cuz theres nothing on the bottom of the door panel no signs of any screws. there is still one screw in the door pull thing like u said but other than that......nothing. but umm if u know how to pull door panels from 2000 model both rear and fron let me know please. thanx a lot

andrei_23

ANYONE got any idea how to take of the door panels safely without messing up the interior or am i the only one whos getting new speakers!!! come on help me out people i cant watch my car suffer with that stock crap. the sound is horrible. by the way i'm getting new speakers and the sub and the amp this week so i wanna hook it all by this weekend. anyone???

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

all you have to do is remove the screw in the door handle and the panel pop thje rest of the door,it is wicked easy to do it probably took me around 20 mins to do all 4 speakers. use a towel an panel pop the door after you unscew the door handle so that you dont scratch the frame

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Be sure to use a flathead with a cloth around the blade as to not scratch the trim.

1.) ON the 2000 maxima you have to remove the "bowl" (it has an outter lining to the door handle and is connected to a bowl) that the door handle is in. Its called the escutcheon.

2.) Remove the screw that is covered in the hand hold of the door (aka the door pull; the place you put your fingers in to close the door). The cover is obvious.

3.) Toward the front of the car on the door there is a door finisher. Located at the part that connects to the front dash when the door is close. Its round and covers another screw. Take this screw out.

4.) There is a slot in the bottom of the door that you can grab ahold of and pull the door out. Be carefull as there are wires still connected. I leave the door locks and window wires connected until i pull the door trim off and then disconnect everything. When pulling at areas of fastners of the door trim to the metal be sure to pull straight out and put your fingers around the fastner as you pull out to pull out evenly. you can tear up the fastners fairly easily.

Door trim is now off for you to get to your speaker. Lot easier to put back on.

andrei_23

sweet!!! thanx a lot for the info i just tried pulling one door frame out it was really easy even easier than my 96 maxima. cant wait to get them new speakers in. lol the hardest part will probably be hooking up an amp and the sub with that fat whire that i gotta run from the sub through the carpets. oh well somebody has to do it right. damn it!!!!! LOL

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

running the wire really isnt that hard, the only trouble i had in my ininiti was on one of the rear seats because it doesnt fold down due to a broken latch.

gumbyandpokie999

careful! The rear doors tend to LEAK,I killed 2 sets of rear door speakers this way.Shield em!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”