help removing rear speakers

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
wingedmark
Car: 2007 nissan sentra 2.0s

does anyone know how to remove the two rear speakers. i would like to replace the stock ones with JL Audio. Pics would be nice to show how it is done.

wingedmark

It is a 2007 sentra 2.0s

spddemon
Car: 2004 Nissan Sentra BaseS

If the set up is the same as my 04 you need to remove the whole rear dash pannel. Check http://www.crutchfield.com you can get a set of instructions from them.

livinloud98
Car: 2007 sentra S

its very easy to do so, first thing you need to do is pop off the 3rd brake light, you push it toward the window and push it upward. Disconnect the wire from the 3rd brake light. Then fold all your seats down and pop out all the pins located around the area where the head rests usually sit. They go from one side of the car to the other, just get a flat head screw driver and use it as a lever to remove them, then you just simply lift the back panel off. There are clips and things that will pop as you take it off, so use some force in pulling it upward. but it will clip back on and wont break any thing when you put the cover back on. due to the seat belts you cant fully take that piece out of the car, i found that its easy just to pull the seat belts out to there fullest and put the cover where the trunk opening is. when your dont put the cover back on over the rear deck and just hit it a few times till you feel all the pins and clips go in. Replace all the pins you took out from lower part which you took out, and then replace and reconnect the third brake light. Its very easy ive dont it more then 3 times with installing speakers and wiring my spoiler bake light.

Good Luck, hopefully that helps you

wingedmark

do you know if i will need a new wiring harness?

Boss1985
Car: 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. Injen CAI, BRM Exhaust

While you don't NEED speaker clips they will make your job easier. Speaker clips allow you to unplug your factory speakers. Attach clips, attach the spades to the speakers themselves and remount. This would also allow you to put your factory speakers back in the car (maybe you want to sell it and keep your JL audio).

Oldenglish209
Car: Nissan Sentra 2007

livinloud98 I found your detail very helpful, even 4 years later. I see what you mean about the clips and such, a little force and the cover came right off. cheers.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”