Help Installing Satellite Radio Antenna

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
WJosey
Car: Versa S

Howdy Folks!,

I'm needing to install the antenna and cord for use on a Sirius Satellite Radio system.

What have others done that works?

I looked at routing to the outside through the hatchback, but do not see an easy way to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

I haven't installed one on my V but I did on my Xterra. I did exactly what you said...through the back hatch. I ran the cable under my carpet (I got it in by popping off he kick plates) and shoved it in/behind my plastic interior molding. I thien routed it through the hatch up by the roof. There isn't that much of a pinch point there since it has the weather stripping. Just remember to leave enough slack so the cable can move a little bit when your hatch opens.

vpnavy
Car: 2006 Maxima
2007 Versa

Take a look at these thread: zerothread?id=286271

I placed my antenna right in the middle of the dash near the windshield and ran the wire behind the plastic and over to my satellite radio.

dave01978
Car: 2009 Versa S Hatchback

ive seen some run it out on the roof near the front, im not a fan of it there, on the V I ran it under the carpet, along the sides then out over the hatch, and looks good there, as far as laying it on the dash, it does work better on the roof, in the work truck i leave it on the dash, as i seem to jump to different trucks, and it looses signal more on the dash (still works good though)

Shad0wXCalibur
Car: Nissan Versa SL Sedan

I stuck it on the back of the hood and ran the cord through the firewall. It can lose signal more easily sitting behind the glass.

WJosey
Car: Versa S

Thanks eveyone for the ideas.

One question for the hatchback routing. I thought it might be best to mount the antenna on top of the hatch ridge to eliminate possibe cable pinch. In eyeballing it, I might be able to thread the wire through one of the rubber wire conduits on either side and over to the hatch top rear brake light housing. I have not yet figured out how to remove the red lens. Anyone know how to do that and does anyone have any thoughts on this routing?

ThanX

dave01978
Car: 2009 Versa S Hatchback

ive done it that way on a pickup, but i wouldnt run it out there on the hatch, there is enough of a gap not to cause a problem running it out the top of the hatch. if you do run it thru the break light, be sure to silicone around it, or it will leak when it rains hard

hrdcorpdrummer15
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

Iv got sirius in my hatch. I placed the magnetic antenna to the left of the vehicle antenna and then ran the wire through the hatch gap above the brake light. I then ran it along the left side panel and tucked it behind the left shoulder of the rear seat. I then ran it along the bottom of the rear seat and under the right rear floor mat. I then pulled it under the front passeger seat, under that floor mat, up under the passenger side dash, and mounted in under the dash panel and infront of the gear shift. Took a while but I got it done.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”