help, i cant clock my turbo, rotate the compression snail

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
pulsarnx
Car: 1988 Nissan Pulsar NX SE CA18DET swap

i think my manifold will be ok, what do you think guys ?http://jasonborowiec.com/ca18det....112.jpg

althought im having problems rotating the housing, ive oiled it up, undid the bolts still nothing.

is this correct ??

is that what im missing??? this wont budge at all !!!

pulsarnx

btw, im converting this RWD to FWD for my nissan pulsar

NismoBgt
Car: 1974 MBG GT with a CA18DET

HEAT! OVEN.. Got to be careful tho not to much.. and make sure its clean or the wife will scream at you for stinking the house up with burnt oil smell..

pulsarnx

you think so ? could i need to warm it up a bit

capwred

are you just wanting to rotate the compresser?if so i think all you have to take out is the snap ring that you have in your pic.i might be wrong but i think thats all i had to do when i clocked my t25 from the sr.

NismoBgt
Car: 1974 MBG GT with a CA18DET

Silly Me I had assumed he had removed the snap ring and was saying it still would not turn! My luck the guy is off cooking his turbo and it still wont turn. I guess I figured he KNEW he had to remove the snap ring to clock it.

nnkfws333
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 and a 1989 Nissan 240SX

capwred wrote:are you just wanting to rotate the compresser?if so i think all you have to take out is the snap ring that you have in your pic.i might be wrong but i think thats all i had to do when i clocked my t25 from the sr.
He is right about the snap ring. Get some heavy duty ones cause I know Sean and I had to grind some of his regular pliers just to take it out.

91rs13
Car: Nismo 350Z
Datsun 510

Dodge Ram 1500

Now I am only used to seeing a RWD setup--and he states he is putting it on a FWD --but is that turbo on the manifold backwards?

--If the turbo was rotated, would it still need to be clocked?

capwred

91rs13 wrote:Now I am only used to seeing a RWD setup--and he states he is putting it on a FWD --but is that turbo on the manifold backwards?

--If the turbo was rotated, would it still need to be clocked?
i was thinking the same thing.but i didnt know how he was running his exhaust.

DjLiquid
Car: 1988 Nissan Pulsar

He has a stock exhaust from the pulsar. He has a few options. A new manifold and downpipe, or use the same old manifold. Either way, the exhaust system will need modification

pulsarnx

thx for replys guys,

Djliquid, you keep saying i will need modification, i will not the stock downpipe will fit fine and i will need an adaptor to connect to my current exhaust, maybe a chop or 2 there but i wont need extensive mods to get the exhaust to work

91rs13- i need the exhaust downpipe to go to the left of the engine as my motor mount on the FWD car is different....

it seems that the circlip is friggin welded in there.... not really but stuck just as good...any ideas ???

pulsarnx

a thought occoured... what hapeneds when i clock the turbo and the waste gate wont bolt up anymore ??????

pulsarnx

GOT IT, Fucin circlip, i didnt knwo what that was, thought you were all saying c-clip like whats on the exhaust side :O as i said, where is my wastegate gonna bolt up now ???

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”