HELP - 2002 Maxima Radio Install

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
spennyd

Hello everyone. I need some help. I took on a task this weekend that I've never done before...installing a new radio myself instead of paying someone to do it. But now I've run into a few snags. The new deck (Kenwood MP332) is installed and working...mostly. A couple of things are not working. First is the audio controls on the left side of my steering wheel. I'm guessing that I'm going to have to live without those, and that's ok. But there is one button on that set of controls that is not audio related...the Trip button. This one toggles my display from Temperature, to Miles to Empty, to Avg. MPG, etc. Do you know if there is anyway to get this one working again? And do you know if I am definitely SOL in regards to using the audio buttons or not?

The next problem is in regards to my reception. I ordered the deck off of Crutchfield and they supplied me with all the conversion kits I need. But my AM radio does not come in and my FM is sketchy on some stations.

So that's it. This is my first experience ever doing this, so if anyone knows of any classic rookie mistakes that I probably made, please share!

Thanks,Spencer

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”