Heated seats

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
dbaxRonin
Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400
2010 Infiniti G37x AWD Coupe (Traded in)
2001 Infiniti i30L (Traded in)

My 01 i30 has front heated seats. Now that the weather is getting colder, I noticed that the driver side seat doesn't warm up too well. I don't think the bottom element is working at all.

One of my previous cars (97 Regal) had the same issue. I was able to fix it by tearing the seat apart and finding one of the element leads were broken and the regulator/relay was shot...I just bypassed it, though it meant I could only leave it on for a few minutes at a time.

Can anyone comment on the scale of getting to this car's heating element to diagnose the issue? Is this a common issue for this vehicle like it was in my Regal? Anything to possibly look out for? I suspect in this case it is probably just the element in the seat has gone bad...but who knows for sure. TYIA.

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

It should be just a matter of removing the seat cover and accessing the element. You'll probably need a set of hog ring pliers. I've never seen the elements them selves so I can't help you out on what you're looking at once you get in.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

I've actually take the seat apart and put in the heating elements. Its an easy job. Just gotta take the seat out and there are hog rings holding the leather in place. losen those u and the covers come off and the elements are right underneath. This is if you need to replace them.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”