Heated Seats Not Working- Help!

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
oneilldn
Car: 1997 QX4

Hello all, I'm new here and just bought a 1997 QX4, while I'm happy with it so far, there are lots of little things that need to be fix. Starting with the heated seats as its freaking cold here this month :) the light on the switches light up for both seats, but no heat at all. I did checked the small fuse (10A) under the dash, but am I missing another one somewhere, or what else should I check. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chuck Tribolet
Car: '01 Nissan Pathfinder, '87 Corvette, '01 Camry daily driver, '98 Boston Whaler Montauk

The first thing I'd do is to find the connector under the seat where the bun warmer plugs in. On a cold morning, unplug it. Measure the resistance on the seat side. What is it? Now turn on the bun warmer and measure the voltage on the supply side.

Chuck

stanghater
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX | 474whp
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon | 258whp

I thought my heated seats didnt work, turns out when its really cold out they dont really come on that well. By really cold i mean like 10 degrees. when its 40 degrees out they work great

oneilldn

Chuck Tribolet wrote:The first thing I'd do is to find the connector under the seat where the bun warmer plugs in. On a cold morning, unplug it. Measure the resistance on the seat side. What is it? Now turn on the bun warmer and measure the voltage on the supply side.
Chuck
Hey Chuck thanks for your replay, I'll try to have someone do that for me at work (as I'm a NON electronic person) and post it here. It is true that there is another (a second) fuse under the hood? And if there is, where?

oneilldn

I just read somewhere that the heated seats are controlled by a thermostat under each seat, but my question is, how it look like? :)

Chuck Tribolet
Car: '01 Nissan Pathfinder, '87 Corvette, '01 Camry daily driver, '98 Boston Whaler Montauk

The '01 FSM shows one fuse (presumably in the fuse panel) and also shows in the thermostat in the bottom seat cushion. The the '01 PF FSM shows that the
thermostat only has an effect in HIGH, and when the thermostat decides your buns are warm enough, it
acts like it's in low. The thermostat is buried somewhere in the bottom seat cushion.

The FSM says the thermostat kicks ON at 95-113F, OFF 77-95F.

Your '97 may be different.

Chuck

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”