Heated mirrors

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
abutment
Car: 2012 Rogue s special edition

I have the 2012 Rogue s special edition. Just got it and like it although it makes no sense to me that you can only get heated mirrors on the highest end model. Can I install aftermarket heated mirrors? Also, does anyone else think that the stero system is sub par? I was driving a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe and that stero sound seems to blow this one away. Another complaint, no auto headlights!!! Very weird to me that such little things can only be had on most expensive models. Thanks everyone

Honva
Car: 2012 Rogue SL AWD

The audio head unit is not too bad. The 4 base model speakers probably is the problem. Simply change the front speakers to a decent component set should give you an inexpensive but significant improvement.

In Canada, even top of the line SL don't have automatic head lights.

abutment

Thanks for the quick reply. Does anyone know if I can install heated mirrors in my 2012 Rogue s special edition. Is the wiring there? Thanks

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

abutment wrote:Just got it and like it although it makes no sense to me that you can only get heated mirrors on the highest end model. Can I install aftermarket heated mirrors?
abutment wrote:Another complaint, no auto headlights!!! Very weird to me that such little things can only be had on most expensive models.
I don't disagree but it's common for auto makers to do this sort of thing. That's precisely why my wife ended up getting the SL AWD back in 2008.
abutment wrote:Also, does anyone else think that the stero system is sub par?
Does it really matter what others think? If you're unhappy with it then upgrade it.

abutment

Thanks for the reply takeshi. You are right, it doesn't matter what others think about the stereo system and I will have to get around to upgrading. I did not want to pay thousands extra for just a few of the features I wanted but maybe I should have explored the price difference more thoroughly. My main concern right now is the heated mirrors. Can I install them aftermarket?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Heated Mirrors on Demand (H-MOD) Module
http://www.muthco.com/products/upgrade- ... od_upgrade
The H-MOD upgrade module allows a vehicle that came with unheated mirrors from the factory to now include the heater option. (Heated mirrors sold separately.)

lou from ny

ok that's a start, now where can i buy the mirrors? i have a 2009 rogue SL AWD

abutment

Thank you so much for the reply and the link. I was hoping that the wiring was there and all I had to do was buy the heated mirrors and connect them and then they would work off the defrost rear window button! Oh how naive I am!!! My husband did not want to pay the extra money for the sl but I really wanted heated mirrors and auto headlights. I think this is a job for a professional!!!! :frown:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Rogue One wrote:Heated Mirrors on Demand (H-MOD) Module
http://www.muthco.com/products/upgrade- ... od_upgrade
The H-MOD upgrade module allows a vehicle that came with unheated mirrors from the factory to now include the heater option. (Heated mirrors sold separately.)
the problem is that glass needs to have the heating element embedded into the mirror lens itself. this little kit wont work, or at least its not enough.

your going to need to buy the mirrors that are heated(they have 2 wires being connected to the glass itself in the rear)
see picture below;

and any wiring that will need to be run from the mirror through the door, into the door jam, then fused, and finally to whatever the "switch" will be. its not an easy job - lets put it that way.

abutment

Now I know it is a job for a professional. Is it possible for a professional to have the heated mirrors work off the switch for the defroster like they would if they were already there? Thanks all, great site.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

abutment wrote:Now I know it is a job for a professional. Is it possible for a professional to have the heated mirrors work off the switch for the defroster like they would if they were already there? Thanks all, great site.
if you opt for the nissan factory parts, yes it will be installed just as if it was done at the factory. its possible the majority of the wiring is already in the car - it might only take just buying the new mirrors and having them plugged in.

Return to “Rogue Forum”