Hear a slosh of fluids after start-up.

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
optimalone
Car: 2007 M35 Sport - Black Exterior with Featherstone Interior

I have been noticing for the past month or two that I hear a loud "sloshing" sound of fluids during start up. The sound comes from directly behind the steering wheel/dash board.

This is a new sound and I have only been hearing this since I have chanced my battery. I know that these two should not be connected, but this is a weird situation.

Not sure if this means I should take it in for servicing. What do you guys think?

06m45
Car: 2006 m45

I have the same sounds but i never thought anything of it. mine seems like its more from the passenger side though.

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

Check your coolant levels!!!!! The gurgling sound heard from behind the dash is usually air bubbles in the heater core due to low coolant-fill it and it may take a few days to burp itself and the noise will go away......but be sure to check to see WHY your coolant is low, maybe a small leak somewhere?

SammyTheBull
Car: 2006 M35 Sport

I had this exact same problem about a month or so ago. Someone else on this forum told me to get out on the road at a decent speed and switch your heating and cooling system back and fourth.......turn it up to way hot than back to way cold. This will open up the thermostat back and fourth and purge the air out.

It worked like a charm for me.

Good Luck

SammyTheBull
Car: 2006 M35 Sport

P.S. I had my coolant levels checked and they were all good. Yours probably are too.

gms
Car: 2006 M35x

I agree that it's the heater core. Had this problem shortly after getting the car. Coolant level was ok, but they found seepage around a fitting on the core. Not much, but enough to let air get in and gurgle around. Once they fixed that and flushed the system, the problem was resolved and hasn't reoccured.

luvmym35
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

The SAME thing is going on with me as well..I hear the liquid. behind the steering wheel.

dvan

luvmym35 wrote:The SAME thing is going on with me as well..I hear the liquid. behind the steering wheel.
I first noticed this sloshing sound after i got my new engine installed.

tigerclaws1318
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

Yeah, same here after the new engine. I thought there was water in the steering column but eventually the noise went away.

InfinitiMe
Car: 06 M35x Blue/Wheat

Oh my god I thought I was hearing sh*t haha. The noise has since gone away but it was bothering the hell out of me.

optimalone
Car: 2007 M35 Sport - Black Exterior with Featherstone Interior

To all, thank you for the feedback. I went out on the Tollway and varied my air from hot to cold and that seemed to fix the "sloshing" problem. I can still hear it a little, but it is not as noticable as before. Guessing one more go with the above and all should be well.

AD1787
Car: 2007 M45 Sport Twilight Blue

I noticed this same noise after the weather turned cold but it only lasted a few times and never came back. I thought it was my AZ car disagreeing with the OH weather.

BigAl
Car: 2006 M35X

Original owner of 2006 M35X w/48K miles. I have heard sloshing sound every now and again over the years - never a problem. Then this winter season, after a few moments at a stop light (i.e. not moving), hot air temperature slowly turns cool. Once underway, temperature warms up. In mid December, while sitting at stop light, I looked at temperature gauge and it was nearly in red zone - first time it ever moved from its "normal" position. Gauge quickly dropped back to normal once car underway. Had car carried to dealer and they said tech found trapped air pocket in cooling system. Tech bleed cooling system and now warm air blows when stopped (like it should). I have not heard sloshing sound since dealer work (two weeks ago), but based on this thread, I suspect sloshing may be precursor to air pocket in cooling system.

coronaglen
Car: 2007 M35
108000 miles

wow. i love this forum.

My radiator blew a few weeks ago. and that somehow made my battery go bad. or they both went bad the same time.

but just going to the store i heard the sloshing too. it was driving me crazy. should i take it back to who replaced the radiator and tell them to get the air out? will the heater core go bad?

got 155,000 miles. hoping to go 250,000 but i am getting nervous now.

thanks all.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”