HEADERS annoyance

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
240sxSE
Car: cars

Does anyone know if headers like hotshot or Greddy will make a very significant difference in noise on my 1995 240sx SE. Anyone with these headers that also recorded the sound. I would like to hear how loud it is. I currently have a INjen CAI and HKS super DRAGGER. Also any hook-ups/best prices are greatly appreciated.

MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

240SX SE---I have Hotshot Headers (the latest design) installed. However, FIRST I did the CAI, then the headers, and finally the exhaust. there was a span of about a week in which the headers and the CAI werre on with no exhaust. The headers made a weird vibrating sound (most likely the hot gasses ricocheting off of the ceramic coating), that I'm sure would have gone away after some carbon started coating the inside of the headers. But I put my tanabe cat back exhaust on, and I never heard the headers again! So because I could only hear the exhaust after putting on my headers, no, i don't think it makes that much of a louder increase in sound, maybe for the first 100 miles or so while being broken in, and if it does make a loud sound, I bet it won't do it until about 4000 RPM. Are you worried about emissions or cops hating the sound or something? Or do you just want a deeper, louder sound from your car? Like I said, I did my installations backwards (CAI, then HEADERS, then Exhaust...), someone who's done the route your going would be able to better answer, but overall I don't think they'll make your car much louder. Best place to get them? http://www.enjukuracing.com, they have them for $319! SHIPPED for free! Can't beat that, I paid $329 for mine 2 months ago from them, and then apid $25 shipping.

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

See any difference in performance? If so, was it worth the money you paid for the header/install?

Nick.

MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

Lost a little low end, gained a good amount past 3500, probbly about 7-10hp, overall, although it is an incredible PIA to install, i think its worth it.

240sxSE
Car: cars

I want my car to be a total sleeper, and I don't want that loud civic like sound. I find that if I drive the car daily it will get annoying to have the loud noise. I also know that if I have a date in the car, she might not like the loud @$$ noise. Otherwise like driving at night, the cops will be all over you because my friend has an ACURA legend with some loud *** universal exhaust and he get chased and tailed by cops all the time. Hey does anyone know what kind of gains I will get from Hotshot headers, Injen CAI w/ extension, and HKS Super DRAGGER(at the wheels/or not)?

doctorj240
Car: Black s14 w/ redtop

Maybe 15 whp.

R240NA

I'm running a Hotshot too, and have had 3 different exhausts during that time. The Greddy PE sounded very nice, but was noticeably louder. My second exhaust, a non-resonated HKS Drager, was LOUD. The original owner ran a straight pipe for the resonator and it was bad. I hated it and finally sold it. I've got the OE exhaust on now, and it's fairly quiet, with just a little raspiness. Anytime you increase your exhaust flow, you're increasing sound as well. Larger piping with less resonance will be louder.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”