Hatchback is LOCKED & Won't OPEN! HELP!

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
myversa2009
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa-S

I have a 2009 Nissan Versa-S and everything has been fine up until recently. My trunk will not open with my keyless entry. I have to open is manually by the emergency part. My wireless thing isnt dead because it still locks and unlocks my doors. So I'm unsure what the problem is. My car is out of warrantly by 1,000 miles and I was wondering if there was anything I could do before taking it to the dealer. Any advice???!!! :confused:

Aaron_versa2012
Car: 2012 Versa SV Sedan
MTX 6.5" speakers
Pioneer AVIC-x930BT
JBL GT1000D
Alpine Mono Block

myversa2009
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa-S

Ya I'm gonna have to try something. What sucks is most cars you can open the hatch with a key and mine just has that button underneath the handle. So Im going to try checking the fuses and the glove compartment, but I doubt theres a button there. Thanks for the advice though! :)

mitchellhuth
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa S 1.8

If you can get inside the drivers door or have somebody do it for you, there may be a bad connection on your wiring harness to the door lock actuator. When the drivers door is unlocked it closes a circuit to unlock the hatch.

leadpig
Car: 2009 Versa 1.8 S 6sp

Same thing just happened to my 09 sedan. Luckily a few K and just a month before warranty expires. Went to dealer but the failed part is in the passenger door (because drivers door unlocks solo on one hit of the key, press remote twice and all other doors plus trunk unlock and the electronics controlling this are in the passenger door). When describing the problem, the tech at the dealer finished my sentence - knew exactly what the problem was and where to look. Took very little time to diagnose so clearly this is not a rare problem. I suspect there is a TSB for this but have not looked for it since mine was covered under warranty. Since you are so close to warranty it is worth going to the dealer and seeing if they'll help you. No guarantees but worth an ask.

filionp
Car: 2009 Versa Hatch

Samething happened to my daughter's 2009 Versa Hatchback. Do you know what the tech fixed? Thanks

nissanowner19
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback

My 2009 Versa just had this same problem happen at 45,000. But I bought it used, so I'm not sure its under warranty. Either way, what is a TSB? Also, any ideas on how much it should cost if I take it to a body shop place instead of a dealer?

kiss4afrog
Car: Versa

"TSB" is a Technical Service Bulletin that is sent form the manufacturer to the dealers to point out know problems.

Does anyone know how to get the back plastic cover off the hatch to access the handle and mechanism, I can't quite figure out where to begin ??

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”