happy anniVERSAry

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
frankoV
Car: 2008 SL Sedan, Magnetic Grey, CVT

so . . . today marks one year of Versa ownership

34, 904 kms [21,688 mi] later . . .

gas mileage [combined] is 8.34 ltr/100 km [= 28.2 US gal, 33.87 IMP gal]. not quite what I was expecting, as estimated mileage [still on the nissan.ca web site -- something should be done about that . . . ya hear, me, suits?] was/is 7.5 ltr/100 km city [= 38 IMP gal/31.3 US gal], 6.0 ltr/100 km [47 IMP gal/39 US gal] highway

two problems to report; one resolved, one not. Last winter something happened to the weatherstripping around the drivers door, repaired under warranty; I have a bit of a "shake" [no other word to describe] up to 40 km/h, told normal [not so sure about it].

two accidents: someone backed into me in a parking lot, insurance repaired w/out deductible charge [ ]; someone stopped in front of me ion the road, backed up into me and then asked if I ran into them [ ]; no damage.

Oil changes [dino] every 5,000 km. No other work necessary [though brakes have had anti-seize gunk on them]. No mods, though I'd like fogs and side skirts.

Mostly satisfied. Would recommend the dealer purchased from [RendezVous, Hawkesbury] and the dealer doing day to day [month to month?] work [417, Ottawa].

Regret: being a bit cheap and not going "whole hog". Wasn't interested in sun/moon roof so didn't go further than the "basic" SL package. Shoulda done it all.

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

I celebrated 1 year last November.

Had the "Klunk" issue and that was resolved but I'm having a fear it is coming back. I think I feel it every now and then but can't tell if they are just phantom klunks or not...kinda like the phantom vibrations I get from my Blackberry.

I've also noticed a slight vibration in the brake pedal when I'm at stops. Doesn't happen all the time. I can't tell if I'm idling too low or not.

I also have a rattle from the passenger side vent on the dash that drives me crazy...been meaning to take it apart to see if I can jam anything in there.

Other than that...I love me little V! No car is perfect...except for maybe a Aston Martin DBS so I can't complain.

br4dysays
Car: 06 Alti SE-R

had my versa for about 21 months now. lil over 30k. so far no problems, had to get the fuel pressure regulator changed out @ 18k-ish id say. other than that smooth sailing with normal maintenance.

Mubbly
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Magnetic Grey

I've had my V for a year and 4 days. I'm somewhere around 9100 miles so far.

I'm really not impressed with the MPG. Maybe my car revs too high? I don't know & I am not sure if I'd be charged an outrageous amount from the dealer to look into it..

Regardless, I'm very happy with it!

Onyxblue
Car: 1990 300zx n/a, 08 Versa SL, 07 Pathfinder SE, 08 Sentra

My V had 1 year in Dec 20, 2008. No issues after 23,000 miles and 30mpg with 80% highway. Mods: Tanabe lowering springs, K&N filter, Sylvania Ultra Bright bulbs and Weathertech front-only vent visors. Mobil1 oil and Mobil1 filter changed every 7,500miles.Future mods: fog lights, spoiler and 205 or 215/60/15 tires.Very happy with it.

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

Congrats to all fellow Versa owners. Had mine now for over two years and almost 22,000 miles. Reliable, thrifty on fuel, and has met my expectations. Tires look like they could last another 22K.

And it looks a heck of a lot better than the Fit. Glad I got the SL. Well worth it.

Return to “Versa General Chat”