GT1 Nissan GT-R's Up Close at Navarra, Spain

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
tyndago

USsil80

awesome article... and congrads on you marriage... did you by chance get to be in the pits for the race, get to see that beautiful car in action

tyndago

USsil80 wrote:awesome article... and congrads on you marriage... did you by chance get to be in the pits for the race, get to see that beautiful car in action
We were in the pits for the stops.I might not have posted pictures from the pit stops during the races, but I have them.

My wife actually got a ride in a GT-R street car, driven by Enrique Bernoldi. She took a video, but hand holding a camera on a road course isn't recommended.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Supply barf bags with the download because I bet the camera is all over the place!

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

lucky!!

tyndago

Some sights and sounds in this video, of GT1 cars at Navarra. The VK powered GT-R's, Aston Martins, Lamborghini's, and a few more.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQ8ylz8RMo[/youtube]

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

Looking at the engine bay in this video, I can't determine if they're using a V8 or not, are they? Did Nissan use the Titan motor in the GT race version of the GTR?

tyndago

edthemanjp wrote:Looking at the engine bay in this video, I can't determine if they're using a V8 or not, are they? Did Nissan use the Titan motor in the GT race version of the GTR?
The GT1 Nissan GT-R uses the VK56 Titan engine.

I don't have it in that video, but there is a VR38DETT powered GT3 car that has not raced yet.

edthemanjp

Nice, I also own a 2010 Titan and really love the engine, the truck is nice too. At our recent Formula D event I was talking to some of the 350Z drifters with Titan engines in their Zs. Chris uses something simuliar to what I could make out under the bonnet in that video, with the 6-8 inch stacks used on the intake manifold with the injectos mounted on these stacks, Nismo in Tenn gave them 3 of the Titan engines. Those engines are steady 600-700 HP, NA. They dont use the VVT which I think could really be benificial, I would like to have it on my R but don't want to pay HKS for it.

I'm wondering if its the same motor?

tyndago

edthemanjp wrote: 350Z drifters with Titan engines in their Zs. Chris uses something simuliar to what I could make out under the bonnet in that video, with the Nismo in Tenn gave them 3 of the Titan engines. Those engines are steady 600-700 HP, NA. I'm wondering if its the same motor?
I know Chris's crew chief and crew - Kevin and Sergio. I have never actually swung a wrench on the car, but I have had a discussions on things over the years with the guys.

The engines in the drift cars came out of the Trophy Trucks. As far as I remember, when I looked up some info, they were built by Menards. That information said the engines were fairly stock. However, everything always needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

black bnr32
Car: r32 gtr, m3, 335i

Forgive my ignorance, but why are the V8s preferred over the original V6?

tyndago

black bnr32 wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but why are the V8s preferred over the original V6?
Turbo is not allowed in GT1. Also the V8 is desired for its higher torque characteristics.

edthemanjp

I think it was Sergio I was talking to. Yes, he said trophy truck motors, I assumed they would be some sort of Nismo V8s. I'm searching for specs, nothing yet but will post what I discover

edthemanjp

GDZLLA

Great read! Thanks for sharing! I love the Sumo GTRs.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”