GT-C Offsets

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Second Shadow
Car: 93' 240sx, s13 blacktop sr20det

Okey, I'm building my car for drift. It's getting to that time to get the good wheels & tires. I'm BASING my setup on a very good one I saw in a certain car magazine about sport compact's (it's actual name shall not be used as I am uncertain of copyright laws). Anyway, it uses the JIC Magic FLT-A2 coilovers, Brembo Gran Turismo Brake system, and a five lug conversion. They also used 17 X 7.5 Volk CE28 42mm offset wheels, with 225/45ZR-17 Falken Azenis tires. Here's the problem, I want to use the same size or very close to same size tires, but with Volk GT-C's. Why? Because the're cool. Thats why. But they arn't offered in 17 X 7.5, only 17 X 7, 8, or 9(face 1 for front), and 8, 9, or 10 (face 2 for rear). The also use slightly different offsets but are pretty close to the CE28's and I think I can use spacers to get around that problem. But they also have this High, Med, And Low type, I don't know what that is, And this other measurment I've never seen before that seems to be another kind of offset. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get this to work, and explain these extra characteristcs? (i.e. High type, extra offsets, ect...) Thanks.

christopher
Car: music, cars, my girl

I would just contact Volk wheels and ask them. Welcome to the forum.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

get a set of 17x8 in a 35mm or 30mm offset, you will be fine. run those front to rear. and I guess you habe bucket tons of money, or have a sponsorship contract,, because the brake systema llone is 900 dollars and that five lug conversion isnt cheap...especially for a "drift" car you going to be ripping around in.-chet

Second Shadow
Car: 93' 240sx, s13 blacktop sr20det

Thanks. I don't have all that much money really, but enough to do this a step at a time. It's true I'm getting the brakes, but not till later. If I'm not mistaken, all s13, s14, and z32 brakes (front and rear repectively) are interchanable, and will bolt on any of eachothers spindles, so I should be able to just bolt my old calipers (front and rear to the new spindles). All thats required should be new or redrilled roters for the 5 lug pattern, and a cheap set of factory spec z32 rear shocks should then bolt in just fine, so I can still use the aluminium uprights. and all the extra suspension brases are, well extra. If I'm right I should be able to do this a step at a time, until I get it all. I am confused though, all the Brembo GT brake systems I've seen are about $3,000. What system is only $900? As far as being a "drift" car, It sounds like your implying I will wreck a lot. I'm not saying that wouldn't happen, but I'm taking a lot of precousions to keep it to a minimum( practicing in parking lots, ect..) and the car is also going to be used for autocross, which I think merits the high doller setup. I do realize how many times I used the word "should" so I would once again welcome any thoughts that anyone might have. I'm practicing a lot and researching even more, but I realize I'm still very much a begenner. Thanks.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

the front brake kit runs 900 dollar, roughly, and the parts are not "interchangeable", the SCC article details how you have to change pinion arms and things to get it to work, allong with the rear spindles...-chetgood to hear your researching and taking it one step at a time man.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”