Grrrrrrr!!! Help with random 3500 rpm cut off please

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Niti37x
Car: 2010 G37x

Hi everyone, long time reader first time posting. I've owned my 2010 g37x for little over a year now it has 53,000miles on it, takeda intake, muffler delete, 3000 oil changes with Mobil 1 5w/30 synthetic, I live in northern Wisconsin and the past couple weeks it's been about -10 to -20. The problem started to occur last week it went into the 2500 limp mode with the ses light on, I stoped and got breakfast took off and all was fine other then the light was still on, then later that day I take it for a drive and it would cut out at 3500 and then later down the road it went back into 2500 limp mode. I got home and googled the f*** out of everything, went to autozone and had them hook up the scan tool it read intake valve timing, crank sensor and cam sensors, I start dreading right away about the rear timing chain gasket leak although I have only read pre 10' were having the issues so I ran to a shop that could check my oil pressure and they said it was in spec, I got home did an engine flush, put in new oil and filter, and cam shaft sensors I fired up my car and it ran perfectly fine for 5 mins then bam cut off at 3500, cleaned vtc selinoids, cleaned maf sensors, new gas prem with no ethanal, I reset ecu and Fire it up and bam runs great sounds fine I drive it for 10 miles and bam back to the 3500 cut off, I've done a lot of reading around on forums but havnt seen anyone who's car would rev fine for 5 minutes then hit the 3500limp then get the 2500 limp, the closes Infiniti dealer is over 2 hours away and I have no trust worthy shops locally. If it were the rear timing chain cover gasket wouldnt it rev funny right away, I'm having troubles with this like I said it will idle perfect and rev great for up to ten fifteen minutes then bam, it's like its hitting the rev limiter at 3500 , any help would be appreciated

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Niti37x wrote:...... I got home did an engine flush, put in new oil and filter, and cam shaft sensors I fired up my car and it ran perfectly fine for 5 mins then bam cut off at 3500, cleaned vtc selinoids, cleaned maf sensors, new gas prem with no ethanal, I reset ecu and ......
The problem may be elsewhere
Niti37x wrote: .....the closes Infiniti dealer is over 2 hours away and I have no trust worthy shops locally.
If there are no trust worthy shops then the dealer should be your first choice prior to just replacing parts.

Take it to an Infiniti dealer and let them check it with the consult scan tool.
If you purchased the vehicle at the dealer request a loaner. Perhaps they will deliver one to you?
I do not let anyone but the dealer touch my G. Too many a$$holes that call themselves mechanics in this world.

Good luck

Telcoman

Niti37x
Car: 2010 G37x

Finally got my car back from the Infiniti dealer they ended up replacing the engine, guess my harmonic balancer loosened up and wore a bunch of s*** out excessively all paid for under my powertrain warranty but now here's another issue I've noticed my car doesn't sound the same, it has more of a Pontiac Grand Prix hole in the muffler sound, it's hard to explain kinda more of a hollowness drowny annoying sound, I tried to explain it over the phone to infiniti and they just think jam crazy but even my girlfriend who doesn't pay attention noticed a sound difference I have an appointment next week to get it looked at but I wish I didn't have to drive another 2 1/2 hours to the dealer and back after not haveing my car for almost a month now

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

It sounds like an exhaust leak....check under the car?

If they screwed up and didn't tighten a bolt then make them give you some swag to make up for the trip....

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”