Greg Nico owner States that he has no control over his moderators

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
drifttuners
Car: Skyline R34 25 GT, Supra RZ, Dodge Magnum

Email from Greg to me:

I appreciate your understanding. I have two individuals who contacted me who will attest to your telling them that you are indeed a NICOclub.com sponsor, and that you advised them they should contact me (by name) to inquire as to the legitimacy of DT. I have no reason to be misleading on this matter. The thread you reference was closed without my knowledge. I made the call to reopen it, as I believe in total transparency. You may feel it was "malicious and pointless", but then again, you're not running the forum. Additionally, the insinuation and attestation that DT can Federalize cars was made BEFORE the offer to post the documents. Therefore, it's not a stretch to anticipate some measure of skepticism. Had you been that concerned about your company's good name, you'd have withheld telling people what DT "can do" until proof was procured. Actually, I don't know that you'll be posting those documents on my forum at all. See, that amounts to unauthorized advertising of a product or service, which our Terms of Service (agreed to when a user account is created) clearly prohibit. We've been lenient thus far, but in fairness to approved paying vendors, I'd likely disallow further solicitations without express approval and a contractual arrangement like all our other vendors. Postings on our forum are (also clearly stated) not the responsibility of the owner, and case law supports us on this. Your issues with Sean are not of my concern, so your lawyer can do whatever they feel is necessary. Since Sean has nothing to gain in this matter, your question as to our "support' of him is irrelevant. He's not operating a business or purporting to be able to supply something to the membership (other than his experience and information). I'm not sure what "felicitating" means, but "facilitating" implies we're helping him. Again, as he's not (as far as I can tell) in a position to gain monetarily, I fail to see the relevance of the accusation. If you think a mere mention or veiled threat of a lawsuit is sufficient to cause us to take action, you're mistaken. We've been down this road several times. We've never removed a post as a result of legal action, so it's not a concern. Be advised we track and maintain logs of all administrative actions on the site (such as post edits, deletions, etc.) as those are often useful in such matters. I've secured the logs for that thread (and all others that DT participated in) for that purpose. Your offer to leave us out of your supposed legal action if we remove the thread is respectfully declined, as is your request for a formal apology. Let me know when a complaint is actually filed. Until then, it's idle chatter, and I can't be bothered with it. I've copied our attorney as a courtesy. Feel free to provide me with your counsel's contact information and I'll be glad to provide them with anything they want. Thank you for your concern. Warmest Regards, - Greg

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I suggest you take a chill pill. All those threads you started are moved until Greg can judge whether he want them to come back. In the meantime I will delete any more **** you post up here. I have no time or tolerance for whatever pissing match you and sean are involved in.In the spirit of transparency I still think you a liar but we will just have to see.

jdmexperts

Im for the members, go for it DT

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

jdmexperts wrote:Im for the members, go for it DT
You realize I can see your IP right? You ARE DT!

But I am supposed to believe you are legit?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Listen, Jeremy... You poserass ******.

You want to post up copies of emails I sent you?

How about I post up the one where you tucked your tail between your legs and apologized after I pimpslapped you across the room with my response?

Your IP has now been banned and you've been reported to your provider for violating our Terms of Service.

AntiSeanMorrisdrifttunersjdmexpertsusawillspeakout

All four screen names are yours.

I was willing to let you continue to scurry around in the dark with your pathetic excuse for a business.

Now, you're going to get the same treatment we gave Supaca, Evolution Imports, and all the other wannabe kids.

Queer.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Let's continue this fun little game, because I want to make it abundantly clear that you have brought a fingernail clipper to a nuclear war.

So, without further ado, let's review some of the drivel that this pansy has been dropping in my Inbox. We'll let the people decide, because that's how we roll in the USA.

Enjoy!

From: "DRIFT Tuners Inc." <[email protected]>Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:21amTo: [email protected]: Hey!

Greg not too impress with the people running your forum 'Gold Digger'? after the topic was closed he reopened it so Sean Morris would post knowing that it would cause an issue. I will be posting the documents from the EPA and DOT etc.. when I do I will no longer have an interest in working with NICO. Best luck to you sir.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 12:06 PMTo: DRIFT Tuners Inc.Subject: RE: Hey!

Jeremy, we're all about transparency, and my Moderators are very good at what they do.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the members come first. Always have, always will. That way, we have nothing to hide, and nothing to apologize for.

On a side note, I'd ask that you please refrain from telling potential customers that DT is "...a big sponsor of NICOclub." That's inaccurate.

From: "DRIFT Tuners Inc." <[email protected]>Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:10amTo: [email protected]

I understand your point. We have never told anyone that we are a sponsor.

The issue is that a thread was closed pending documents that I was going to provide Neal to prove that we are doing the Federalization of the Skyline. The closure was to prevent the argument on the importing topic. My responses were appropriate and I agreed that until I can show proof that the conversation was going to be put on hold. The issue came when Neal gets an email from Sean Morris to open the thread to discredit Drift Tuners so Neal went and opened it going against what he said about keeping the thread closed to give us a chance to provide the documents. It was simply a malicious and pointless thing to do and if you are looking out for the best interest of your members I failed to see that same extended to me, I was not promoting my company but answering a few questions.

Greg its very simple, once I prove and show our recent Federalized documents from the DOT office, NHTSA and the EPA I will post it online so everyone can see for them self. Im also going to post all the contact information from those departments so everyone can call and ask for themselves.

Today I have printed everything that has been posted online in NICO and on Sean Morriss website and copies have gone to the company Lawyers office, along with this the DOT, EPA and NHTSA documents are also going to the companys Lawyers office with a letter of authenticity from the NHTSA. We have filed a Lawsuit against Sean Morris for slander and many other things, he also states that we have ripped people off but has failed to post or show a post of our customer claiming that. That in its sell is dangerous especially to one selfs credibility. Sean also claims that we cant get any Skyline Federalized, well we all know at our office we can and we are going to prove it when the time is right.

Now my question to you Greg, has NICO been facilitating Sean Morris and extending their support behind the scene just like the crap that was pulled when Neal reopened a closed thread so Sean Morris could discredit Drift Tuners? If so, I will include NICO within the law suit as being felicitators and as its looks now one the link provided below, is a valid statement. If you respond to us in terms of this email and say you are not felicitating Sean Morris then I will simply forget what Neal has done but want an apology from Neal for doing so. If you dont respond to this email I will assume that you agree with Neals actions and I will continue with our suite. Beside a large financial settlement for damages we are asking the court for an order to have all threads and posts remove from NICO and Sean Morris's website conserning Drift Tuners and Jeremy Boddy and will be asking for a public apology.

This email is being sent to our Lawyer along with your response.

From: [email protected] Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:00 PMTo: DRIFT Tuners Inc.

Subject: RE: Hey!

I appreciate your understanding.

I have two individuals who contacted me who will attest to your telling them that you are indeed a NICOclub.com sponsor, and that you advised them they should contact me (by name) to inquire as to the legitimacy of DT. I have no reason to be misleading on this matter.

The thread you reference was closed without my knowledge. I made the call to reopen it, as I believe in total transparency. You may feel it was "malicious and pointless", but then again, you're not running the forum. Additionally, the insinuation and attestation that DT can Federalize cars was made BEFORE the offer to post the documents. Therefore, it's not a stretch to anticipate some measure of skepticism. Had you been that concerned about your company's good name, you'd have withheld telling people what DT "can do" until proof was procured.

Actually, I don't know that you'll be posting those documents on my forum at all. See, that amounts to unauthorized advertising of a product or service, which our Terms of Service (agreed to when a user account is created) clearly prohibit. We've been lenient thus far, but in fairness to approved paying vendors, I'd likely disallow further solicitations without express approval and a contractual arrangement like all our other vendors.

Postings on our forum are (also clearly stated) not the responsibility of the owner, and case law supports us on this. Your issues with Sean are not of my concern, so your lawyer can do whatever they feel is necessary. Since Sean has nothing to gain in this matter, your question as to our "support' of him is irrelevant. He's not operating a business or purporting to be able to supply something to the membership (other than his experience and information). I'm not sure what "felicitating" means, but "facilitating" implies we're helping him. Again, as he's not (as far as I can tell) in a position to gain monetarily, I fail to see the relevance of the accusation.

If you think a mere mention or veiled threat of a lawsuit is sufficient to cause us to take action, you're mistaken. We've been down this road several times. We've never removed a post as a result of legal action, so it's not a concern. Be advised we track and maintain logs of all administrative actions on the site (such as post edits, deletions, etc.) as those are often useful in such matters. I've secured the logs for that thread (and all others that DT participated in) for that purpose.

Your offer to leave us out of your supposed legal action if we remove the thread is respectfully declined, as is your request for a formal apology.

Let me know when a complaint is actually filed. Until then, it's idle chatter, and I can't be bothered with it.

I've copied our attorney as a courtesy. Feel free to provide me with your counsel's contact information and I'll be glad to provide them with anything they want.

Thank you for your concern.

Warmest Regards,

- Greg

From: "DRIFT Tuners Inc." Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:22pmTo: [email protected]: RE: Hey!

Thank you for your reply Greg.

Over all I think your right, sorry if it was misinterpreted in terms of the removal of the threads I meant that we will have it ordered that Sean remove what he said not NICO.

Its unfortunate that it has come to this, after we publish the Federalization documents on our website Ill let you know if you want, may be a help in the future. Anyways have a great Charismas and a happy new year.

From: [email protected] Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:41 PMTo: DRIFT Tuners Inc.

Jeremy -

A court will not have the authority to demand removal of a post by Sean. Again, in the Terms of Service, all posts become the property of the company. Any removal would be at our discretion if it is determined to be in the best interest of the enthusiast community.

Speaking of content, consider this an official request to remove the following page and plagiarized content from your website:

http://blog.drifttuners.com/?p=204

The following notice is posted very clearly on the site where this content was originally published:

Information © Copyright 2000-2008 by NICOclubAll rights reserved.Material may not be copied or reprinted without written permission.

As no written permission to use my content has been secured, please advise as to when this has been removed.

If it is not removed within 24 hours, we will be generating a formal 'Cease and Desist' letter asking you to remove the stolen content from your site. We will also be filing a notice of Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) infringement with all search engines to have the offending site (yours) removed from their search results.

Lastly, please do not continue to email my staff. If you have any further concerns about the NICOclub.com forums, our Moderators, or posts therein, all communication needs to go through me so that it may be monitored by our attorney. I take such matters very seriously, especially when someone starts dropping threats of legal action.

Have a great holiday.

Now, the lesson to be learned here is this:

Don't come stepping without being properly equipped. Don't question my Moderators, especially when they're right. Don't underestimate the power of complete transparency.

And most importantly, don't EVER, EVER threaten me with legal action unless you're actually prepared to bring it.

Jeremy, you and your wannabe company are pathetic.

You stepped in a big pile of shat, and it stinks.

norman_069

oh snap! ... Thanks for kicking the trash off this forum. Now we can get back talking about the important stuff ... skylines

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Way to alienate the biggest forum interested in what you "claim" you can do DT...

It never ceases to amaze me how a member thinks they will "win" an argument by posting an email that a NICO staff member sent them.

Stealing NICO copyrighted material?Lying to potential customers?Print this thread out, put it on your bulletin board in your basement of a shop as a good example of what NOT to do.

SullivanRacing06
Car: r32 gtst, 06 350z, r32 gtr, rs4 steaga, 04 350z, f350/6bt

i agree with the mod, well i would have to say, this mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AZhitman
Administrator

Even the title tells me what a doof this guy is...

Hell, no I don't have "control" over the Moderators.

They're professionals. They're experts. They're knowledgable and exhibit good judgment. And they're the best damn team on the web.

I let them run their respective forums as they see necessary.

And so far, it's been a good strategy.

jdshift
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima/ 2015 Nissan Altima 3.5/ 2014 infiniti qx70s 5.0

Just another great reason why I love NiCo..........do work!! Keeping the forums the way they need to be with competency hands down.

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

jdshift wrote:Just another great reason why I love NiCo..........do work!! Keeping the forums the way they need to be with competency hands down.
+1 I couldn't have said it better myself, Good Job

ilovesideways
Car: 240SX S-13 KA24E

way to go greg, thank you for all you and the moderators do fo this site

as for DT

tyndago

I think we won. Check out what I found.

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:B1 ... =firefox-a

Address: 266 Charlotte Street, Peterborough, ON, K9J View mapDate Listed: 12-Dec-08

$30,000 OBO for http://drifttuners.com - High Traffic! This company has been a lot of fun, made great contacts over the years, hate to sell it but I'm way to busy with a new company. It's a great home based business that more then paid my bills. Great way to make a heathy living at home. Includes phone number, Customers, website, server, software, broker, export agent, 1 week onsite training plus much more. Makes $500,000 year. If interested call me at 866-847-1407 ex: 228 or email me at [email protected] . It's a great business, I'm moving on in a diferent area of importing in Dubai. Also includes full rights as the main sponsor to our Pro Drift team. As a bonus I will toss in http://racinguploads.com . Or I will trade for a 2003 + 350z, Hummer H2, BMW 330Ci, Cadillac CTS or Mercedes

raremotive
Car: 04 G35

Damn this guy don't know how to quit.

Reported.

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/...85652

This is on the intro page:

http://DriftTuners.comhttp://RacingUplo ... tStock.com

Company Overview: Company Mailing Address266 Charlotte Street, Suite 245Peterborough, ON K9J-2V4

United States (RI Location)3500 Sweet Air StreetBaltimore, MD 21211

Phone: (410) 864-8592

Japan675-6 Shimomakuri, koshigaya-citySaitamaken Prefecture 343-0045

Company ContactsToronto, ON: (416) 628-6756Peterborough, ON: (705) 868-0121New Westminster, BC: (604) 357-3229Calgary, AB: Soon!Fax Line: (905) 556-0350

Mission: At Drift Tuners we have a goal, and that goal is to focus on providing alternatives to street racing, we are dedicated to educating the public on the importance of public safety and proper driving techniques. By educating the public we hope to help put an end to the many senseless lives lost each year due to street racing.

At DRIFT Tuners we import and custom build JDM Drift vehicles for competition use in Canada and the United States. If you’re looking for a Nissan S15, Skyline R34 or any other track ready vehicle then we are your #1 source. We import for street use into Canada and the United States however some conditions do apply.

The hunt is on.

raremotive

I am not going to post anything personal about this guy.

But to have a face to put blame to all this mess.

This is the man himself Jeremy Boddy. If you see him.. run... he's nothing but air behind his words.

Modified by Rare_f8 at 3:10 AM 12/14/2008

raremotive

coincidence?

Westgate Motorsports inc.31-999 Hilliard StreetPeterborough, OntarioK9H 5R9Canada

raremotive

more coinceidence?

YOSHINO PERFORMANCE INC.

sells performance products for all types of vehicles including Imports, Domestics, Motorcycles, Trucks, SUV’s, snowmobiles, Dirt Bikes and of course Cars. We are based in Peterborough Ontario Canada. Our Phone number is 705-876-6627 or 705-868-0995 our website will be up soon at http://www.westgatemotorsports.com.

For now you can view some of our products at http://www.customauto.ca, http://www.importadrenelin.com, http://www.bigwheelz.com, & http://www.tiretrends.com. If you see any products that you like you can call us and we can give you a quote for your application type. We also offer big discounts on our products for those who will display our decal on there car reading ‘WESTGATE MOTORSPORTS’.

Here at CarDomain.com we are going to post our company cars very soon at this time we have 3 cars being posted, 1993 Honda Civic DX (white with Gready Dual turbo with intercooler on a VTEC engine from our shelf. This engine is from a 2004 Prelude so it’s a 2.2, our goal for the civic is to get it to 950hp.

YOSHINO PERFORMANCE INC.Phone:705-876-6627Cell: 705-868-0995Email: [email protected]

Seems like this guy follows current motor trends with his websites.
Modified by Rare_f8 at 3:36 AM 12/14/2008

BLKTOPS14SR
Car: 1998 Nissan 240SX SE Kouki
1971 Buick Skylark 455Buick big block
1970 Cutlass Holiday Coupe
2002 Ford F-150 XLT
1972 Chevy Cheyenne

So....is he actually trying to sell a website, that doesn't do any business for $30K? I'm sorry, but are all Canadian crooks? Seriously. Honest Canadians should find this guy and others like him and kick the S*** outta him! I'm alittle P-O'd cause I was ripped off by a canadian importer (Engine set) 4 years ago. Couldn't imagine getting ripped off purchasing a car.

Great find guys!

AZhitman
Administrator

Once again, the power of teh NICO prevails.

One more poser importer tossed on the pile of rubbish out behind the headquarters.

Next!

raremotive

Dear Kijiji User,

Thank you for reporting Ad #93854557. It has been deleted for violating our policies.

Again thanks for taking the time to send this to our attention.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Go NICO!!!!!!

AZhitman
Administrator

Rare_f8 wrote:Dear Kijiji User,

Thank you for reporting Ad #93854557. It has been deleted for violating our policies.

Again thanks for taking the time to send this to our attention.

That's the pwnage that keeps on pwning.

zoneoneoni
Car: Nissan 240SX SR20DET

I really don't understand why he even bothers to reply anymore... He's been completely destroyed on this forum, and most likely all over the web. Pretty funny observing this stuff... Good work guys hahahahaha.

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

jdshift wrote:Just another great reason why I love NiCo..........do work!! Keeping the forums the way they need to be with competency hands down.
thanks for saying what i had in mind. i wouldnt be able to say it better.

so sad that people are still trying to rip people off instead of helping . im been disconected for a while and i saw the first tread of dt, find it interesting and now i find this one and im happy to say that hopefully nobody from here did buss with this guy(s) and got ripped. i guess my best option is just save the money of the deployement and wait until 2015 and get me an R32 GTR. that what we all should do, save like 6-10k in a nice cd and wait until then.

thanks guys for keeping this forum out of malicious people

93coupe
Car: crap

Get 'em Greg!

AZhitman
Administrator

That guy has more hair than me, and that girl is way better-looking than our boy Jeremy "I fail at teh Internets" Boddy.

93coupe
Car: crap

Greg, I fixed it for you

AZhitman
Administrator

Nicely done, sir.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”