Good L--D, please help!! 03' INFINITY Q45

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
david705
Car: infinity q4

I have(had) an awesome fully loaded q45 2003, with only 103k miles and garage kept . Well my psycho girlfriend of that time loved the booze a little too much, I am embarrased to say she started the mother of all cluster f--ks on my baby (the car

What happened was, on one of her binges, trying to prevent me from leaving, took the starter relay out. After I was able to get it back from her, starter no worky. I took the same relay size from the brake light and replaced it and was able to get the car to start

A day later the alarm went off. I tried all known ways to shut it off with the key, including both doors, ignition, then trunk. Kept going off. 9 am in a nice neighborhood on a sunday, the only thing I could think, was to disconnect the battery to stop the horn. well an hour later, as soon as i hooked the battery, the horn started again. Idiot!! Next tried to remove the horn relay. Okay, horn off. All good, so I thought.

Next day, key wont come out of ignition. Following day, car wont go out of park. Used the manual shift over ride on shifter. Overhead lights now gone. And now, when I try to start the car it usually takes 4 or 5 tries before it kicks on. The tries before it turns, all I hear is a click.

But good news! I got the horn to work!!! Of course the security system is out. Kicked that b**** to the curb by the way. Only took me 5 years. Probably took another 5 off my lifespan.

Please, someone give me hope. All are related to security issue? Starter issue? Combination?

Thank you. :inout: :wtf2:

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Insert the ignition key into any door or the trunk lid and unlock the door or trunk. You also can use the unlock button on the remote control to unlock any door or the trunk. This will silence the alarm.

Get in the car and insert the ignition key into the ignition, but do not start the car.

Remove the ignition key from the ignition.

Exit the car and lock the doors using either the ignition key or remote control.

Verify that the security indicator light on the dash illuminates. The security light will glow for about 30 seconds and then blink. The security system is now reset.

Let us know if that works for you. Make sure all parts (relay, fuses, etc) are reinstalled first.

david705
Car: infinity q4

yes I did all that at the time. more importantly are all the electrical problems that have occurred since then.
trying to figure out why? hoping there is an easy answer. I'm guessing they are all related?

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO David! Ditto on making sure everything is correctly reinstalled. Make sure the original relay makes it back to where it started, and the brake light one makes it back to the correct socket. Check for damage near the relay that the crazy chick removed... drunk people and electrical systems often don't work well together.

Your car's factory service manual is available at www.infinitiservicemanual.com if you want to browse through it...

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”