Gino's 300zx build

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Gino
Car: 1990 300zxTT stage 5+++

Well since...two...of you already know about this, and its up on supraforums, i might as well put it up here...this is my build basially just copying and pasting from my other forums threads lol. My heads should be back next week, ill put pics up and all the head specs when theyre here. Lets just say 280+cfm, 9500+rpm...------------------------

Well as practically none of you know, my motor decided to let go on me on my birthday (december 30th). So its time to do the build. Expecting it to be finished in the fall, shooting for mid-high 800's to the wheels all boost...

Wesico 88mm pistons (.040 over)Eagle H-beam rodsPower Enterprise kevlar timing beltTomei 89mm 2mm thick headgasketsARP main studs/head studs

1mm OS valvesdual springsTi retainersJWT R5 cams (272/.385")5 angle valve jobP&P (flowbenched 280+cfm @<.400" lift)

Custom top feed fuel rail1000cc RC injectorsdual stock fuel pumps (parallel fuel set up through aeromotive FPR, full nylon braided lines)

AMS turbo manifoldsTwin Garrett gt3071r-wg turbos (.64 A/R)custom intake pipingcustom (Tom Green) FMIC w/full 2.5" piping3" Expansion downpipes with modified waste gate pipe to open dump3" - 2.5" coned test pipesHKS hiper 2.5" cat backSPEC tripple disc clutch

Rotora 6piston 14" front BBKGram Light 57s pro - gold with titanium rim (18X9/18X10)KSport RR coil oversST adjustable sway barsAMS front/rear adjustable camber armsAMS adjustable tension rodsAMS adjustable traction rods

AEM EMS w/map sensorAEM twin-fire ignition AEM injector driverSnow Performance water/meth injection

this is just a basic list, there will be a decent bit more in depth list as everything comes together. Ill update with pictures as parts come in

Anyways, for those who havnt seen it before here are some before pictures...

Video against a buddies 465+whp pullied cobra:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH-BFWngn58 (the video my gf took from my car)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JkyPxZq-6s (the video i edited that my friend filmed from the cobra)

just little videos after i put in the old cams:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2E0hp7s ... MgvaaZ1gfk

and heres how she sits now...

Ill take some nice pictures of how my pistons look from the motor that just blew lol. Detonation out the a**. Im thinking the timing belt slipped a tooth on the PS intake cam leaning the ever living hell out of that bank...

Gino

well got bored today and decided to go tear a few more things off and rip apart the motor even more and get some pics of the damage. (this is not the block im building, im using the cars original block for that)

Basically the whole passengers side was riddled with detonation, only one cylinder on the D.S. was messed up, and that was a chip out of the piston...

cylinder 1 (drivers side)

cylinder 2. Thats not dirt, all those scars are detonation pot marks. and theres a chip out of the piston also.

cylinder 4

cylinder 6

cylinder 2 and 5 were spotless...oh well. Also took the time to remove the carbon canister. not sure why i still have the stock IC piping in there as it will be obsolete...maybe ill take that off when im bored again.

and ill finish with this one...gotta love pearls!----------------------i wont do all the box shots and s*** for you guys, ill just get straight to the meat:

vs stock:

haha and just cuz i dont think these comparison pics really do the turbos justice...-----------

I just ordered my fuel set up this week, it should be here by the end of next week. This is custom top feed fuel rails with full AN fittings, a modified lower plenum for the top feed injectors, a modified balance tube for the top feed rails, and a second OEM TT fuel pump. Ill put pics up, hopefully my heads are back around the same time and if i do anything else to the car until then ill put the pics up

Weber3211
Car: 1991 Nissan 300zx

that's a yummy Z. ADR m-sports? and what corner lights do you have? those look rowdy.

legion
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

Sick man, I was planning on doing something like this to my Z but unfortunately funds will not allow me to do such things. So I'm just going to do a basic rebuild/fix.

Good luck on the build man! Can't wait for more updates

Sgt
Car: 1991 Fairlady Z (JDM) Twin Turbo

Dude. Your Z. I love.

That is some hawt s*** and those turbos look like they could make a decent wood chipper they are so big. s*** man. Either your head is oddly small or I am extremely envious.

Z32 TwinZ
Car: 1991 300zx TT

What a build! Cant wait to get started on my engine. I think ill need to get another car for a DD, bc with that amount of power, things are bound to break.

Also you purchased the grams light in gold? I have a cherry red pearl z as well and i just purchased the Volk GTS Phantom wheels (all black). I cant wait to see how the gold looks with the red bc gold was my second choice but too wasn't sure..

300freekzx
Car: 1990 300zx N/A, 1992 Honda Accord LX , 1991 Honda Accord LX, 2006 M35 Sport

sweet ride!!!

300a7
Car: 1990 nissan 300zx

NICE BUILD IS THAT A STILLIN BUMPER?

Z_Fanatic
Car: 91 300zx TT Conversion, 01 Bmw 325I DD

Those turbo's are purty.

NSR_s30
Car: '99 Ford F250 7.3L Diesel, '71 Datsun 240Z

Sweet build man.

ironwork
Car: 1990 300zx

damn bro nice build

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Should be a hell of a setup. Can't wait to see it done

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Haha nice gino, see its appreciated here too

Gino

haha thanks guys

Weber3211- Yep those are ADR's that I painted black. The corner markers are JDM ones that I smoked.

Sgt- lol youre the 5th person to make that joke and my GF says i have a big head, so ill go with the envious part lol. Thanks ma

Z32 TwinZ- maybe ill post up a photoshop of the wheels on the car, lets just say f***ing amazing...good luck with yours

300a7- yep thats a stillen bumper

NolimitZ32- haha i now its appreciated, just more fun to keep your own community guessing

thanks everyone! Ill keep it all posted as more stuff comes in and comes together!

Z32 TwinZ
Car: 1991 300zx TT

is that a CF lip on your front bumper

300a7

AND i do have to say if thats a cherry red pearl paint job its fkn sexy

Weber3211
Car: 1991 Nissan 300zx

Gino wrote:Weber3211- Yep those are ADR's that I painted black.
hey-o! me too. i like those smoked markers, look sick.

300a7

updates

Gino

Weber3211- hahaha nice im not the only one!

updates soon hopefully

Gino

Finally got some more updates...

well, 2 days ago I got my throttle bodies and gauge rings, yesterday the rails showed up and today the injectors Next week will probably be machine work for the block...its all coming together quickly! So here it is...throttle bodies, RC 1000cc injectors, custom top feed rails, machined lower plenum for the top feed injectors, full -8AN fittings, all the fun s***. Ill get more pictures when I feel like actually assembling stuff and using a camera not just my cell phone.

The stock throttle bodies are 50mm ID, these are full CNC 58mm throttle bodies. This provides 35% more cross sectional area than stock. These throttle bodies, combined with 2.5" IC piping, and 3" exhaust (as opposed to 2" stock IC piping, and full 2.5" upgraded exhaust), has seen dyno proven gains of almost 100rwtq and 70+rwhp...

RC 1000cc top feed injectors

custom modified balance tube with -8an fittings

Lower plenum

Custom rails, -8AN internal threads

Injectors in rails on the plenum (just mocked up not fully installed. Ill take one fully installed later.

and here are the gauge rings for the gauge cluster. Ill put those in this week sometime and show you guys the difference. Enjoy!

aidanair
Car: '90 300ZX TT, '93 300ZX N/A (SOLD!)

updates gino? i love your Z because well i have same color same fascia as you so i feel like its a what-could-be for mine. btw where did you get your lip for the front fascia?

Gino

The block has been back for a while, still waiting on the heads...if they're not back in 2 weeks some legal action will be taken lol. Anyways, here's the updates from the past few weeks.

welded center weight, bored .040 over, forged rods/pistons, fully balanced rotating assembly. ----------------------------i gasket matched the ports on the upper and lower manifold, actually took a decent bit of material off and spent a good amount of time on shaping, as well as porting/radiusing the oil pump to get some extra flow, and porting the throttle body holes for the larger TBs. Lots of work and lots of time shaping for maximizing flow, but hopefully will be worth it!

thats how much needs to be taken off for the throttle bodies

comparison (new CNC vs old. Looks more impressive difference in person than in the photo)

after all shaved up

upper plenum (ill get a pic of my other stock one to show you how much material was actually taken off)

showing how much needs to come off the lower

half way done

done!

more updates soon, my cams will be here tomorrow (friday), and I have a crank scraper being built which should be next week as well.

btw, the cams are a 272 duration, .385" lift (~9.8mm) *JWT R5*

legion

I love this build. You're doing everything I want to do to my car! I just received my turbos this week, that was pretty exciting.

Keep us posted man! Loving it so far

Sgt
Car: 1991 Fairlady Z (JDM) Twin Turbo

OUKNO
Car: 1990 Z32 NA, 1974 International Scout

Very nice ride, this build is gonna lay down some low 1/4 mile #s
Z32 TwinZ wrote:is that a CF lip on your front bumper
aidanair wrote:btw where did you get your lip for the front fascia?
Not %100 but I think that is garage door foam that he is using as lipmy buddy has it on his Jspec fascia & it looks real similar

ztommyx

where did you get the bigger throttle bodies?

please let us all know where you buy your stuff...

legion

I know that Z1 sells bigger throttle bodies, that is where I plan on buying them from. I'm sure other sites do as well.

Gino

haha thanks guys

the lip is the DIY home depot lip (garage door weather stripping).

The throttle bodies are the Z1 CNC ones, very nice pieces, and I get the majority of my parts through...me lol. (I have a business)

anyways, I talked to the head guy and he said he's in GA driving back to fl (long story), but has my heads with him so he will ship them back from GA..so we'll see...

bentandbuzzin
Car: 1992 300zx n/a manual 2+0

The gasket matching looks good on the lower plenum but what about the other end of those runners. The edges look rough...is that going to disturb the smooth air flow?

Gino

its actually not as rough as it looks. I was starting off using a small dremel and a few times on the upper plenum it managed to get away from me a little bit, but it is cleaned up. That picture was before I went back with the air grinder and the grinding stone ball that I used on the lower. All of it is smoother than it looks, besides a little bit of turbulence wont hurt that far down, if anything the turbulence could get the air/fuel to mix up a little better (as long as its not too rough and causing to much turbulence, which as i said its smoother than it looks in the pics lol). Anyways, I got the cams friday and they look awesome, no pics yet dont feel like unwrapping everything, Ill just put the pics up with the heads when I get them back

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”