gamers, game advice

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I'm not a gamer, I still have a PS2 with the tray cover busted and GTA San Andreas has been living in it for two years. I spend a lot of time at the crib being broke as hell and the wife and I need something fun to do besides my five minutes of clumsy fumbling and subsequent heartfelt apologies. :frown:

I was messing around at Best Buy with a PS3 move and I liked it. I see they make the sharpshooter gun that seems to get decent reviews and I am thinking about picking up a PS 3. Welcome to four years ago, I know! I had s*** to do and I'm old, excuuuuuussseee me. :bigfu:

Anyhow. I also don't have a blueray player either. Are we seeing a pattern? :gapteeth:

I like shooters and driving games. The primary game I am interested in, though, must meet a couple of criteria. I want it to be move compatible and most importantly designed so that there is a single screen in use, but both players are playing at the same time. Not a split screen or a two player where players take turns. I think these are called rail shooters where the course is fixed and you move through it step by step. I think this game is what I am talking about.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzW-XRvQ ... re=related[/youtube]

It doesn't have to have the latest bleeding edge graphics or 87 different campaigns or online super awesome death match capability because I'm not interested in it and Sony can suck my nut because I'm not joining some online service just to say "I've got balls of steel!"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno[/youtube]

So if anybody can recommend some other games that run like I need please to recommendation! :bigthumb:

SBC 240Z

omg the second video, omfg hahahahaha, im dying here.

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

I have a ps3 and the sharpshooter gun. Keep in mind you must buy the play station move controller and joystick. For me as a gamer using it with killzone 3. I found it frustrating and difficult to get used to. After 30 mins and a sensetivity calibration I was in good shape. It's fun and makes 1st person shooters Totally different. As far as racing gt5 blows I have a hard time distinguishing much from GT3 the last one I played. It still has crappy elevator quality syntho music in the menus just updated cars. The PS3 and XBOx are dirt cheap now and I believe a new console is set to be released within the next couple years. I have both but lean towards the PS3 for blue ray, reliability, and free online play. Most Xbox 360 users have owned more than one. My ps3 is from 07 and I have never had problems with it. To end my ramblings and answer your rail shooter game quest check out time crisis razing storm. It's for ps3 and move compatible.

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

http://www.squidoo.com/ps3-move-shooting-games I believe this is an up to date list of games compatible with move. Also note that killzone doesn't allow 2 player co-op with the sharpshooter. The sharpshooter is to be used in single player only.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

themadscientist wrote:I like shooters and driving games.
The new Driver game (Driver: San Francisco) is a blast. 70's Hollywood driving physics, a self-aware corny mechanic to enable gameplay (main character is a cop in a coma, can take over the bodies of other drivers). There's no walking around, no shooting, no self-impressed grittiness, no GTA bullcrap. Just driving, more driving, and lots of cars to drive. To switch cars, you "shift" out of peoples' bodies and float, out-of-body, above the city. Then you can zoom back in and jump into the driver of any car in the city. Some people have little problems they need help with (winning races, high-speed chases, or my favorite: helping a poor kid scare the s*** out of his overbearing driving instructor) and then there are challenges you can just have fun with, plus the story missions to progress the main storyline.

It's got a variety of cars from automotive history, from the truly horrid Dodge Monaco to the spectacular new McLaren MP4-12C. Oh, and if you go 88 MPH in the DeLorean DMC12 something happens.

As far as shooters on the PS3:
--Pick up The Orange Box which includes Half life 2 and its expansions, Team Fortress 2, and Portal. Tons of shooter goodness.
--MAG is the only multiplayer shooter since Unreal Tournament to really hold my interest. Big maps, big playercounts, and a good advancement system. It encourages teamwork through its command and objective systems and if you join Raven (the european faction) you will be able to avoid the 12 year old Halo players and play with people who know how to have some fun. Get a microphone.
--You can get both Riddick games for dirt cheap now (both on the same disc). Both are very good. They're stealth hybrid melee/shooters with a good close-combat system in addition to good shooter mechanics. Also you get to kill Xibit in the first one.
--Red Dead Redemption is GTA in the old west, except it's not. It's got a better sense of humor than recent GTA games and is a lot more fun. Both it and its Zombitastic expansion Undead Nightmare are playable online with friends, which is even MORE fun. Multiplayer games with my friends usually degrade to shooting the horses out from under each other rather than actually accomplishing anything worthwhile. Which is great fun.

Other great PS3 games:
--Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga covers Episodes 1 through 6, while Lego Star Wars 3 covers The Clone Wars animated series. Both are excellent and made moreso by couch co-op. They're approachable and you can't really "lose" so you can play them with the wife and she'll have just as much fun as you will.
--3D Dot Game Heroes is a very Japanese game, and an unapologetic Zelda clone. It's VERY hard. You can design and animate your own 3D blocky characters to play it with and your sword gets as big as the screen. It laughs at itself constantly, and has a better sense of humor than most of the other games on earth combined.
--Portal 2: Great story, great dialog from Stephen Merchant as Wheatley, twisted dark humor, and amazing puzzles. Buy the PS3 version and you get a Steam copy for your PC too. Although I recommend finding a new monitor to play it on first. :gapteeth:

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Theres nothing wrong with a regular controller :) There are lots of games to choose from for the PS3. MoD named a few good ones. I havent tried the PS Move.. it just reminds me of the Wii too much.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

The Move controller is ridiculously expensive. After a $250 console purchase and $60 apiece game purchases, you're then also expected to spend $40 on a Playstation Eye, $50 on one half of the Move controller, and $30 on the other half. $120 for ONE CONTROLLER!!!!!! Or you can buy one of the $160 bundles that comes with a game. ONE HUNDRED SIXTY BUCKS. In addition to your PS3 initial cost.

To the burning Hells with that s***.

danshaz82

i have a ps3. for driving games, i havnt played many, but i did pick up NFS Shift 2 Unleashed. its pretty good. its all on the track from grassroots drifting to GT1. and its not like previous NFS games, as its much more realistic. that would be my recommendation.
as for shooters, i cant really help you out cause ive only played Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.

themadscientist

I enjoy the wii, but it's mired down with a preponderance of kiddie games. The move adds a functionality to the PS3 that is enough to tip me to pulling out my wallet.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

True, but cant beat mario party and all other marios, or smash bros if they make that for Wii. Its that work out you've been looking for so I see where your coming from. You can kill 2 birds with one stone.

themadscientist

I can't stand Mario games.

Return to “General Chat”