2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

G37 6mt MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID DRAIN CHANGE:

PRETTY SIMPLE STEPS:
Required Tools & Supplies:
1.) 3/8 Ratchet & 3inch extension
2.) 10mm Hex Bit/Allen socket [$4.99 auto parts store]
3.) Fluid Pump ($5.99-$14.99)-[any auto parts store]
4.) 80w-90 or 75w-90 Gear Oil = 4 QTS (GL-4 ONLY!) ($6.49-$8.99)-[any auto parts store]
5.) ramps or vehicle lifts/jacks so you can crawl under the car.
6.) oil/fluid catch pan

this is the 10mm Hex Socket that i have.

this is the pump i use:

[TIP] ALWAYS UNSCREW THE TOP BOLTS FIRST. YOU DONT WANT TO DRAIN THE FLUID OUT, AND THEN FIND OUT THE FILL BOLT IS STUCK AND YOUR UNABLE TO REMOVE IT, THUS UNABLE TO REFILL WHAT YOU JUST DRAINED [TIP]

REPLACE AND TIGHTEN YOUR DRAIN PLUG TO 35 FT/LBS

Install the pump hose in the TOP fill hole. The fill capacity is roughly 3.4 qts oz or 2.93 liters. Once you get close to the fill amount the fluid starts to leak from the hole, as a sign it's full.

Replace fill plug. Tighten fill and drain plugs to 35ft/lbs. Be sure to clean off any drips or spills.

WHEN YOUR DONE, GO OUT AND DO A COUPLE EASY NEIGHBORHOOD PASSES TO WORK THE FLUID, AND LISTEN FOR ANY CHATTER, ROUGH SHIFTING, OR ANYTHING ODD. IF NONE EXIST = YOUR DONE.
I NOTICED INSTANTLY THAT MY SHIFTING BECAME MUCH SMOOTHER, AND EASIER WITH THE NEW FRESHER FLUID.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

since i didnt get the feedback i thought i would, i didnt take any pics. i reused a couple images from my rogue differential write up, and found a manual g37 tranny pic(courtesy blackbetty) and did a simple write it up over it in photoshop. hope this helps. This is pretty easy. Its less steps than an oil change.

NOTE: IT DOES MATTER FOR THE MANUAL GEAR BOX/TRANNY IF ITS GL-4 or GL-5. In the manual transmission you are to use ONLY GL-4 due to 'yellow metals' aka COPPER. GL-5 eats up copper.

Return to “G35 and G37 Modification database”