G35X transmission issue? Reversing problem.

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
sandriod
Car: Infiniti G35X

Hey guys! New to the forum ..

I had a little bit of problem on my 08 G35x AT. In the mornings, the car used to jerk a little bit before going into reverse - I had searched the forums on here and G35Driver and it seemed this was a normal issue for quite a few people... I still took it to the dealership a couple of times and they found no issues (no surprise since it only happened on cold start). (Car was bought used at 61K - currently at 84K)

A couple of days ago, the VDC and slip lights came on on my drive home. I looked it up and most people said it could have to do with brakes/brake fluid. I took it to a Nissan dealership and they confirmed this. I was there for about 2 hours. After taking my car back (didn't get the work done) - I found that there was a big drag when trying to pull out (drive forward) of their parking lot. I was in a rush and couldn't go back to them at the time in the middle of a work day. A couple of hours later I was pulling out of the parking at work and noticed that I could not reverse at all. I spent like 5 mins and finally it shifted into reverse and jerked back. I took it back to the same Nissan dealership and they said they only checked the brakes and what started happening has got nothing to do with them at all. I argued with them a bunch but they didn't budge at all. Going to speak to the General Manager soon. I have been driving this car for about a year and a half (bought August 2012) and had no issues at all until yesterday and it started right after Nissan techs looked at the car.

I have a hard time believing it's got nothing to do with them.
Any suggestions? I hope I dont have to rebuild the transmission. Any other areas I should get checked out?

Also any suggestions for dealing with such a mishap with a dealer? Any legal recourse? This is just messed up.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”