G35 Coupe Cracked bushings on front lower control arms

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
G35inNC
Car: 2005 G35 coupe

I have a 2005 G35 Coupe with 99k miles on it. I noticed the car was pulling to the left even after an alignment at Tire Kingdom. I brought it back and they said the bushings are cracked on the front lower control arms. The tech showed this to me. Tire Kingdom gave me a quote to replace the lower front control arms for $566. Each front lower control arm is $172 and labor is $99 an hour for 1.6 hours plus fees. I asked about just replacing the bushings (I saw this done on a YouTube video on a different car and it took 15 minutes). Infiniti does not sell the bushings separately and I found a couple of places online that sell Whiteline and Energy Suspension bushings (after market). I would not be doing the work myself.

I was going to have Tire Kingdom do it since they found it and I have an alignment packge with them. Infinti would be about twice that much but Tire Kingdom won't replace just the bushings. The tech said you have to remove the lower control arms and then cut the metal sleeve out to replace the bushings. They said the additional labor to do that would out way the savings. They said the polyurethane bushings squeak. Plus, by replacing the whole control arms, you would have a new ball joint which might need to be replaced if you just do the bushings.

Has anyone done this (and can confirm that the bushing have to be cut out of a metal sleeve) or decided to go ahead and replace the front lower control arms in the same situation?

If I still want to just replace the bushings, can anyone recommend a mechanic in Charlotte, North Carolina who can do this? Also, is there a brand that does not squeak? I don’t want my car to squeak to save a few bucks :-). Thanks for your help!

Note: this was reposted from the G35 and G37 General Discussion forum since I was not able to resolve my problem there.

Pat

Gilley

I have used beck Arnley lower control arms from Amazon. They were about $86 each. It only takes about 30 minutes to change the lower control arm with a hand jack and hand tools.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”