g 35 coupe 2004 overheating in idle..help

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
hotrodjenna
Car: Infiniti g 35 coupe

Hi everyone..im new to the site but hope someone can help me..for past months my g has been overheating in idle..drive thrus ect....neither fan goes on when its running hot and the ac blows out hot?? Please help this damsel in distress..jenna in Orlando

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Hi Jenna in Orlando!

Welcome to NICO! Bummer that you're having issues with your G.
Those two issues are likely separate and we'll treat them as such for the moment.
Before you do anything else- can you check the coolant level? You may not have much (or any!) left. Take a quick peek in the reservoir and when the car is cool, open up the radiator cap to confirm coolant is present.

Next, we'll need some more information about your car.
How many miles?
How long have you owned it?
Do you keep up on maintenance?
What year is the car?

In the meantime, you may want to look into these things:
- Check your fuses to see if any of them are blown.
- Open the hood. If you run the a/c, do either of the fans turn on?
- When the car is warmed up, feel the upper and lower radiator hoses. Are they both hot? One cold? Both cold?
- You should replace the thermostat as preventative maintenance to rule out a couple of other potential issues.

hotrodjenna

Well a friend of mine felt hoses n he said one was hot n one was cold..n ps no fans r running when its running hot

hotrodjenna

Th anks for responding btw;) its 2004 n had 65000 miles..a mechanic friend said I should buy a fan relay to see if its a quick fix...then maybe new fan motor or assembly.I just dont know what to do.wish I had a bf who was mechanic lol

Starter
Car: 13 G37X sedan
11 G37S sedan

As mentioned above, check the coolant level and I'd replace the thermostat first.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

hotrodjenna wrote:Hi everyone..im new to the site but hope someone can help me..for past months my g has been overheating in idle..drive thrus ect....neither fan goes on when its running hot and the ac blows out hot?? Please help this damsel in distress..jenna in Orlando
From your description it sounds like you have multiple issues.

Call the local Infiniti and ask to speak to the service manager. Ask for an approximate diagnosis charge from your description.

Get the fans and the overheating problem fixed first.
The air conditioning can wait if you can't afford to get everything fixed at once.

Randomly replacing parts with untrained mechanics without being 100% sure does not make sense to me.
You could come up to New Jersey where it was 14 degrees this morning. That might solve your overheating problem at no cost. :chuckle:

Good luck

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”