FX-35 minor problems

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
nest03

Recently purchased an FX-35 w/ Sport Package and noticed that the steering wheel vibrates , especially at higher speeds. The dealer looked at it and said that they rebalanced a wheel. It still vibrates and I'm taking it back again for them to try to fix. I realize that there should be some "feel" in the wheel but my Dodge Durango has less vibration than the FX-35. Has anyone else experienced this?

I also noticed my left headlight does not project as far as the right headlight. Has anyone experienced this?

:help

RickP

Something is wrong; neither problem is present on my vehicle. Could be a bad tire (out-of-round), or a bent wheel. I got the standard suspension after continuosly having tire problems with a Porsche with 18 inch wheels and sport suspension.

QX4ME
Car: 02 Infiniti QX4 4WD
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

My 02 QX4's headlights are just like what you described. Talked to the dealer and they said it's designed/adjusted that way so that left headlight won't shine on the driver towards you, meanwhile right headlight provides more viewing distance. The dealer's saying reminded me of some articles about this issue a while ago. So it's no longer an issue to me.

However if you still don't like the headlight beam like this, they can always be easily adjusted.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

I agree something is wrong. The tire or wheel is unbalanced or damaged. Even a severely warped rotor could cause probs.

RICOIS300

My car has stiffer springs and 18's with low profile and on the highway and smooth roads the ride is smooth as glass. I do feel alot of road bumps and sometimes I'll get vibration if going over certain parts of highway or intersections where the pavement is rippled. But otherwise if it's well balanced and aligned, you shouldn't have that.There could always be a tire that could have a defect also. Every so often you can get a bad tire that could have a deformation that might balance OK, but have a bulge that creates the shake. Let the dealership know that if they can't fix it you'd like to take it to a good wheel shop and have them do the balance and have the dealership pay for it. You shouldn't have to deal with steering wheel vibration on factory tires and rims.

The headlight, like he said, you don't want to blind oncoming cars do you?

nest03

Fellow FXer's:

Thanks for the comments. I take it to the dealer Wednesday and will post results when I get it back.

Return to “Murano Forum”