front crank seal 96 200sx

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
diamond
Car: Wife's Daily driver is J30 , 58 Cheby Sport Sedan Lowrider is my style .

anybody know how long this job takes at the dealership.what has to be done to do the job.like what has to come off the engine ect..my wife went for a oil change and comes back over 300 dollars light.car has no sign of leakage ever,only 80k on it.from what i can see with a flashlight cause dark is doesnt look like one bolt touched,nothing cleaned.looks like it did the other day when i was under the hood,no oil drippin anywhere.man,it took the normal 2 danm hours for the oil change.they changed it in 1.1/2 hours after they told her.just doesnt seam right to me.i would think half the stuff on that side of engine has to come off.dont have the book so i cant look.they wiped oil on my center support too. stop payment is in orderlooks like to me.burien nissan are straight up liars.said they took the front cover off.not.you may have to turn a bolt i would think.idiots.guess im just ****ed.this is what happens when yopu let your wife do the service.they screw you.think i will mail this post to the manager.

Modified by diamond at 2:32 PM 12/22/2005
Modified by diamond at 3:21 PM 12/22/2005

diamond

i can do better,lol

skeeter149

if its the seal under the crank pulley the part cost me 6.99 and we just changed it on my se-l. if it is the front on the crank seal you remove the belts take the crank pulley off(one bolt torqued pretty good but easy with a impact wrench) use a pulley or harmonic balancer puller to take the pulley off. scrape old one off, fsm says to use a screwdriver carefully. then you lube the new one with fresh oil slide it in put the pulley back on and put the belts back on. i did 2 underdrive pulleys with a friend in about 4 hours having never done it using and not totally sure how to use our tools,(like the impact wrench was at 40psi when the instructions say torque to at least 105psi.) but it was easy cost seven bucks and the dealers i guess charge 80 a hour. good luck however it goes but the only visible thing would be the crank pulley bolt which is under a wheel well shroud.

edit: the shroud is held on by 2 bolts and one plastic screw that screws into a plastic backing that expands, the belts have 2 tensioners on the se-r no idler pulley. to tighten and loosen the tensenor is as simple as 2 12mm bolts on each hope that helps a little more and remember four hours was to install and remove belts and water and crank pulley as well as the seal. take care let me know if i can help further.

diamond

^K+

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”