Front bulbs ???

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Tat2

What is the bulb size for this I have circled in red and can something brighter and whiter be used to come close to the stock HID look

I have a 2005

bourque_john
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano

Yeah there are a bunch of options that will fit and still give you a 8500K to 10000K color range on the light. I have two problems though.

1. I'm not sure what the bulb style is, 9007, 9002, h11, that sort of thing.

2 I'm not 100% sure on how to even get into the headlight assembly to remove the bulb to change it. Not without removing the whole housing. I know on my wife's Volvo the whole headlight assembly is meant to be removed to change the lights but on this truck I'm not sure. Though without shrinking my hands to that of an infants I don't know how you'd get in to it otherwise.

However, if you can get the bulb out, on the back of it will be a letter/number designation. H11, hb5, something like that. That is your bulbs category. Once you know that jump on ebaymotors.com and just look for headlights. The good places to get it from will list the bulb category and color range.

It's too damn cold where I am to be trying to rip it out and check so if you do it could you let me know as I want to change it as well. If however I get it before you do I'll let you know which one to be getting.

Oh and I have an 06 with the hid's so I've got the same issue you've got.

bourque_john

Found em. They are w150's I'm going to be picking up at set tomorrow if I can that will be LED version's of them. When I do I'll get you exact numbers, price, and pictures, as well as pic's showing how to put them in. I think that's about the only way to get what we're looking for.

Also, to get at them, you don't need to pull the whole assembly out. All you need to do is pull the wheel well covering off and you'll have access to the bulb from there. It's only plastic clip's that are holding the well covering in place and if you break any, Autozone sell's them for like 6-7$ for 50 of them.

I tried to remove the whole assembly tonight and OMFG that's a pain. At that, I was trying to remove the drivers side, which is the easier one. I'm not 100% about the passenger side but I'm pretty sure you can get to it just as easy by going through the well.

When and if you go to replace/upgrade the HID bulb I'm not sure that you can get as easy access through the wheel well, nor that it'd be a good idea to try. HID bulbs are very sensitive to dirt. Also if you decide to do the HID bulbs make damn sure you use latex gloves as those bulbs are very sensitive to the oil in your skin and will pop & possibly catch fire if you touch the bulb.

Tat2

I would like to see pics if possible how your bulbs ended up looking like. If you have bulb size, where you bought them, etc....

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I would suggest the Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. Those bulbs are very close to HID's and are rather inexpensive. They have a very long life and I love their performance. On top of that you can even purchase them at Wal-Mart, which makes finding them even more convenient.

bourque_john

Well, I don't have pics of them in the truck as I don't have them. I recently had a talk with my wife about my spending habits. Needless to say I'm not allowed to buy stuff for a while. Now I know what y'all are thinking but, I can be right or I can be happy, and I'm a happily married man. Besides, if I didn't obediently follow my wife's orders when it came to spending money, We'd be foreclosed. We'd have some really cool stuff before them repo'd it, but the end result is still unacceptable.

Anyway. Autozone has a decent selection of LED's, but I think Pepboys has a bit more. These ones are pretty much what you want, however I think the bulb is too big to fit the hole in the headlight assembly.

These ones are the stock replacements.

The key thing your looking for is the voltage and size. If the Sylvania's fit the hole, they would pretty much be your choice. anything past that will require modification.

When I am allowed to buy stuff again in another month or two I will be changing out those bulbs and I'll let you know.

I've found the best one's to get. Only problem is they're 59$ as a buy now from Ebay. I might be able to score the 9.99 joby's at Pepboys and sneak it by but I'd lose precious part of my anatomy if I bought those. below is the link for them. As of today (020310) there was 22 day's left in the bid for them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3D54

Modified by bourque_john at 10:57 PM 2/1/2010
Modified by bourque_john at 9:38 PM 2/3/2010

Return to “Murano Forum”