Free Oil Change from Dealer

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
conversation
Car: Versa 1.8 S HB

I just bought an 09 Versa 1.8 S Hatchback. My dealer offers to do the first oil change for free. The salesman said they "look it over" to make sure everything is OK, also. This has me worried enough to just forgo the free oil change, and just do it myself.

On the other hand, it would be good to see it up on the lift, and there is a small corrosion problem I want to point out to them (the clamps that hold the brake lines to the body are corroded).

I'm really paranoid about them accidentally or on purpose screwing something up. Ordinarily I keep my cars far away from dealers, but since it is under warranty, I'll have to use them , possibly, in the future.

I'll be there watching when they change the oil and "look it over". I assume they are going to hit me up again for the extended warranty, and maybe some other stuff.

I can't find any reviews of this dealer on the net.

I've learned over the years that the worst place to get work done on your car is from the dealer. Overpriced, incompetent, and just plain dishonest. So all the alarm bells are going off as the dealer offers me something "free"....

Anyone get the free oil change? Everything OK?

alonsorules8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sl,HB

I get all my services done by my dealer in NOVA. Sheehy Nissan in Manassas gave me a years worth of free oil changes and free state Inspections for life by attending the new car owners clinic.

In my experience being a former mechanic at a dealer you have to find the best in your region to get the best service. For me that is my selling dealer Sheehy Nissan.

Codelicious
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

I didn't receive anything free from Nissan but when I was with Toyota I got like 6 free full tanks of gas. The guy who sold me my car was really nice and he said anytime I needed any gas come talk to him and he'd hook me up with a gas card and he did everytime. It's funny cause now he works for Nissan. :D

Also I believe that if you don't get your oil changes through Nissan it voids the warranty. Might want to look into that.

Versa357
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Sedan

My dealer gave me free oil changes for life. I'm not due to get one until November.I think it should be fine.You have the bumper to bumper warranty so if they do find anything, it shouldn't cost you anything.

steed77
Car: 09 Versa Fresh Powder Sedan 6speed

I changed mine at 1200 mile myself. The 3000 change I am not sure yet.... I can do it faster than a dealer and no need to set up anything.

Free or convenient..decisions. I would have Sheehy in Manassas hook me. hummm

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

I received 4 free oil changes with the purchase of the extended warranty plan. I have gone for 4 oil changes already at the dealer and still have one coupon left. The 3rd time I had it taken in, I had my mom bring it in since I was working. They ended up taking about 2 hours before they changed the oil because they just got so behind (they found a problem with someone else's car). So for the wait, they gave us back the coupon and gave us that oil change free as well.

I personally would rather take it to the dealer to have it serviced then anywhere else but they charge quite a bit. So after my next coupon is used up, I may just have to take her elsewhere. So far I have had no problems with them, and they haven't found anything wrong with my Versa yet. But if they do, she is still covered under the warranty, so I would rather have them find the problem now then later when the warranty has expired.

kc5f
Car: Versa SL HB CVTs - 2008 (daughter), 2007's (both RIP). I'm now in a silver 2012, my son a silver 2015 Note, my wife a bright yellow 2016 Juke.

I had the 7.5k service intervals up to the end of the warranty done at the dealer with my first Versa and had no problems. The new one came with free lifetime oil changes, but I'll have to decide whether it's worth the 35-mile drive each way...

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”